Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • KingKenny
    • By KingKenny 8th Oct 17, 2:13 PM
    • 210Posts
    • 20Thanks
    KingKenny
    Charter Savings Bank ID Requirements?
    • 8th Oct 17, 2:13 PM
    Charter Savings Bank ID Requirements? 8th Oct 17 at 2:13 PM
    Hi.

Just been online, opened a 30 day notice account, seemed easy enough. Asked me if I had lived at my current address for longer than six months; I have...
    Opened a few accounts recently, never had to send anything via paper mail for ID purposes...
    They have been vague in whether I will need to send the documents?

Do they ever state via initial email that the ID DOCS via paper mail are NOT required to be sent; OR does no one get that official we have identified you electronically on first opening the acount via email?

Got an email outlining what documents I need to send if I need to send them. I don't really know whether I need to? Will they send me a letter asking for them, or do I need to send them as of tomorrow?

Anyone had any experiences?

Also, it seems you just photocopy your Driving License and Passport?

Is there no need to get the copies of the documents verified and CERTIFIED as copies of the original documents by a banking official if ID documents are required?

All very vague, any experiences recently. Thanks.
    Last edited by KingKenny; 08-10-2017 at 2:33 PM.
Page 1
    • MarkFromCornwall
    • By MarkFromCornwall 8th Oct 17, 4:20 PM
    • 727 Posts
    • 457 Thanks
    MarkFromCornwall
    • 8th Oct 17, 4:20 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 4:20 PM
    They didn't ask me for ID.

Given the background you've told us I expect they can identify you electronically.

My advice is not to send it. They will ask if they require it.
    • KingKenny
    • By KingKenny 8th Oct 17, 8:25 PM
    • 210 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    KingKenny
    • 8th Oct 17, 8:25 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 8:25 PM
    They didn't ask me for ID.

Given the background you've told us I expect they can identify you electronically.

My advice is not to send it. They will ask if they require it.
    Originally posted by MarkFromCornwall

CHEERS MARK

DID YOU NOT GET THIS VIA EMAIL?

Dear Mr KINGKENNY,

Thank you for applying for a Charter Savings Bank 30 Day Notice Issue 6 account.
    Your application reference number, which you'll need to quote if you contact us, is: ***********.
    Documents we need from you
    Before we can open your account, we need to confirm your name and address.
    The type of documents we accept are confirmed in the Identity Requirements document, which you can find in the Useful Documents page on our website; it also confirms the address to send them to.
    Important – you have 14 days to complete your application
    If we don’t receive your identification and deposit within 14 days of the date of your application, we’ll assume you no longer require this account; we’ll return any deposits without interest and you’ll need to reapply to open an account.
    Please don’t send your initial deposit until we confirm that we have received satisfactory evidence of your identity and your account is open, as money we receive before then is not protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
    • MarkFromCornwall
    • By MarkFromCornwall 8th Oct 17, 9:09 PM
    • 727 Posts
    • 457 Thanks
    MarkFromCornwall
    • 8th Oct 17, 9:09 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 9:09 PM
    No, I just got one that said my account was now open and giving details on how to make a deposit. Now that you've shown us that email my advice changes. You need to send them the ID requested (or give up and open an account somewhere else where they can verify you electronically).

Mark
    • KingKenny
    • By KingKenny 9th Oct 17, 1:36 PM
    • 210 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    KingKenny
    • 9th Oct 17, 1:36 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 1:36 PM
    No, I just got one that said my account was now open and giving details on how to make a deposit. Now that you've shown us that email my advice changes. You need to send them the ID requested (or give up and open an account somewhere else where they can verify you electronically).

Mark
    Originally posted by MarkFromCornwall

Cheers. Thanks for the advice
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,125Posts Today

6,578Users online

Martin's Twitter