Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • axel132132
    • By axel132132 7th Oct 17, 10:58 PM
    • 59Posts
    • 6Thanks
    axel132132
    Loan - Not Mine
    • 7th Oct 17, 10:58 PM
    Loan - Not Mine 7th Oct 17 at 10:58 PM
    Hi All,

My girlfriend is having a few issues with her credit report for a loan.

Basically when she was younger her mum took the loan out in her name and never repaid it - we did a credit check and this revealed this. Her mum has admitted it and has also said she will pay it of so debt collectors don't come etc.

Now this is all good and well (Its only 400 quid) - But it has affected my gf credit now and we are wanting to look for a mortgage.. Her credit is 12 on Experian

We want to get this removed and obviously ringing the loan company and explaining what has happened will get it removed I guess BUT we don't want to put her mum in a situation where she is going to get in trouble by the police for false taking a loan out etc (FRAUD)

SO basically is there a way where we can say to the loan company remove this from my credit file, add this onto her mums with her permission as it was her loan and don't take any action for the fraud part of the transaction and let her mum start paying it of direct to the loan company (Provident)

Please help as with her score the way it is we wont get a mortgage.
Page 1
    • BrassicWoman
    • By BrassicWoman 7th Oct 17, 11:18 PM
    • 1,330 Posts
    • 5,535 Thanks
    BrassicWoman
    • 7th Oct 17, 11:18 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 11:18 PM
    she can ask, but I would not expect to have it both ways; either you shop mum for fraud or you live with the effects of it. You don't get to just ask people to accept mum's a criminal and get away with a cheeky grin and a "sorry."
    Downsized and mortgage free
    Oct 17 grocery challenge £130.57/£150
    • axel132132
    • By axel132132 7th Oct 17, 11:20 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    axel132132
    • 7th Oct 17, 11:20 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 11:20 PM
    What I was thinking damn, just thought maybe because of how low it was they would allow it lol
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 7th Oct 17, 11:31 PM
    • 8,640 Posts
    • 13,171 Thanks
    worried jim
    • 7th Oct 17, 11:31 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 11:31 PM
    Call the police, its the only way to stop her doing it again. She's a criminal and needs to stopped and punished.
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
    • Tarambor
    • By Tarambor 8th Oct 17, 2:24 AM
    • 1,336 Posts
    • 921 Thanks
    Tarambor
    • 8th Oct 17, 2:24 AM
    • 8th Oct 17, 2:24 AM
    What I was thinking damn, just thought maybe because of how low it was they would allow it lol
    Originally posted by axel132132
    The amount is irrelevant. A credit file has to show accurate facts and until it is reported as fraud the accurate fact is your GF has taken out a loan with a doorstep lender and defaulted on it. Your GF needs to decide how important being able to get a mortgage or any loans for the next few years without having to resort to the likes of Amigo is in comparison to how much she is prepared to let her mum get away with shafting her life and thinking nothing of dropping her daughter in it.

Personally if it were my mother who had done it I wouldn't think twice of reporting it because she obviously would have thought so little of me and cared so little that she saw no problem doing this.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 8th Oct 17, 7:52 AM
    • 30,111 Posts
    • 19,055 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 8th Oct 17, 7:52 AM
    • 8th Oct 17, 7:52 AM
    How long ago was it taken out ?
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • Pixie5740
    • By Pixie5740 8th Oct 17, 8:20 AM
    • 11,010 Posts
    • 15,187 Thanks
    Pixie5740
    • 8th Oct 17, 8:20 AM
    • 8th Oct 17, 8:20 AM
    Is the loan showing on your girlfriend's credit history? Note that's history and not score.

As for Experian only giving her a 12 who cares? Experian don't lend money.
    Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds nought and six, result misery.
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 8th Oct 17, 5:53 PM
    • 24,092 Posts
    • 11,371 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 8th Oct 17, 5:53 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 5:53 PM
    Is the loan showing on your girlfriend's credit history? Note that's history and not score.

As for Experian only giving her a 12 who cares? Experian don't lend money.
    Originally posted by Pixie5740
    To get a score as low as 12 there must be other defaults, late payments etc surely so one more is unlikely to make much difference.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 10th Oct 17, 12:43 PM
    • 2,347 Posts
    • 1,778 Thanks
    Candyapple
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:43 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:43 PM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5650944&highlight=cifas

Post #11. There is no other way if you want to remove the information and be able to get a mortgage.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,496Posts Today

6,860Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin