Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jamie73
    • By jamie73 7th Oct 17, 9:30 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 3Thanks
    jamie73
    Transfer mobile phone account
    • 7th Oct 17, 9:30 PM
    Transfer mobile phone account 7th Oct 17 at 9:30 PM
    My partner took out a 2 year mobile phone contract for me in her name in November 2015 with EE, as I was refused a contract due to a bankruptcy in 2013 on my credit file.

This contract is due to end very soon, and I have been led to believe that mobile contracts/accounts can be transferred to another person. If this is true, and they agreed to do it, could this create a financial association on our credit files?

Many Thanks,

Jamie.
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 7th Oct 17, 9:53 PM
    • 30,089 Posts
    • 19,044 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 7th Oct 17, 9:53 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 9:53 PM
    There were other coptions available but anyway I dont see why it would create an association if all your doing is transfering ownership of the account.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 8th Oct 17, 10:03 PM
    • 2,346 Posts
    • 3,458 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    • 8th Oct 17, 10:03 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 10:03 PM
    When I did this a few years ago for my children, it didn't create a financial link.

If in doubt ask them or check out their T&Cs.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

A person who never made a mistake, never tried anything new.
    • Jibeddy
    • By Jibeddy 10th Oct 17, 1:36 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Jibeddy
    • 10th Oct 17, 1:36 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 1:36 PM
    Recently had my phone transferred to me from my parents, no financial link created. This was on 3.
    • Don80
    • By Don80 10th Oct 17, 2:22 PM
    • 184 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    Don80
    • 10th Oct 17, 2:22 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 2:22 PM
    My partner took out a 2 year mobile phone contract for me in her name in November 2015 with EE, as I was refused a contract due to a bankruptcy in 2013 on my credit file.

This contract is due to end very soon, and I have been led to believe that mobile contracts/accounts can be transferred to another person. If this is true, and they agreed to do it, could this create a financial association on our credit files?

Many Thanks,

Jamie.
    Originally posted by jamie73
    I took on my partner's EE phone, it didn't create a new link, but they did do a credit search on me, and it's showing as a credit agreement on my credit files.
    • StopIt
    • By StopIt 10th Oct 17, 2:52 PM
    • 1,068 Posts
    • 942 Thanks
    StopIt
    • 10th Oct 17, 2:52 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 2:52 PM
    I took on my partner's EE phone, it didn't create a new link, but they did do a credit search on me, and it's showing as a credit agreement on my credit files.
    Originally posted by Don80

Which would be correct as you're now responsible for the agreement.

It shouldn't create any associations, and should close any accounts on the persons credit file whose account is being transferred from.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,550Posts Today

7,567Users online

Martin's Twitter