Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • benji1993
    • By benji1993 7th Oct 17, 8:54 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    benji1993
    esure car insurance charged after cancelling
    • 7th Oct 17, 8:54 PM
    esure car insurance charged after cancelling 7th Oct 17 at 8:54 PM
    i had my car insurance with esure last year my father as the main driver and me named. i payed the insurance costs. when my father cancellled it i found out they had still charged me and i cant get my money back no matter how hard i try? as my fathers the main driver they want to speak to him but im never around when he phones so they try to palm him off with excuses anybody else had this happen to them?
Page 1
    • EdGasketTheSecond
    • By EdGasketTheSecond 7th Oct 17, 9:14 PM
    • 326 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    EdGasketTheSecond
    • 7th Oct 17, 9:14 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 9:14 PM
    They should be dealing with the policyholder not the main driver unless they are the same person.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Oct 17, 9:15 PM
    • 33,533 Posts
    • 17,417 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 7th Oct 17, 9:15 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 9:15 PM
    Who is the policyholder? (Not necessarily the same person as who paid)
    • dacouch
    • By dacouch 7th Oct 17, 10:01 PM
    • 20,290 Posts
    • 12,532 Thanks
    dacouch
    • 7th Oct 17, 10:01 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 10:01 PM
    Did you make a claim on the policy
    • maddogb
    • By maddogb 8th Oct 17, 10:56 AM
    • 466 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    maddogb
    • 8th Oct 17, 10:56 AM
    • 8th Oct 17, 10:56 AM
    expect a long fight
    despite knowing from the start they were wrong it took Esure nearly a year to settle days before court action
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 8th Oct 17, 11:57 PM
    • 26,230 Posts
    • 10,469 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 8th Oct 17, 11:57 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 11:57 PM
    Its not about the main driver, you seem to have put your father as the policyholder. His policy then only he can speak to them unless he gives permission for them to speak to you.

You cannot be together for a 10 minute phone call where he can pass the phone to you?

You had insurance you paid for the insurance, you cancelled the insurance so added more costs to it, whats to come back?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,566Posts Today

9,283Users online

Martin's Twitter