Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AG47
    • By AG47 7th Oct 17, 8:23 PM
    • 609Posts
    • 143Thanks
    AG47
    Best balance transfer deals?
    • 7th Oct 17, 8:23 PM
    Best balance transfer deals? 7th Oct 17 at 8:23 PM
    Hi, wan are the best balance transfer deals please?

I have about 8k on a zero interest deal co I got to an end, I'm interested in stoozing

I hope I can transfer the entire balance to another zero interest deal for about a year or so,
    Nothing has been fixed since 2008, it was just pushed into the future
Page 1
    • cjv
    • By cjv 7th Oct 17, 8:50 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    cjv
    • 7th Oct 17, 8:50 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 8:50 PM
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/balance-transfer-credit-cards

Is a good start.

Be sure to also check other comparison sites and individual bank sites for ones that are not on MSE.

Many will have the option to check if you are eligible, before you actually apply.
    • AG47
    • By AG47 8th Oct 17, 8:57 PM
    • 609 Posts
    • 143 Thanks
    AG47
    • 8th Oct 17, 8:57 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 8:57 PM
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/balance-transfer-credit-cards

Is a good start.

Be sure to also check other comparison sites and individual bank sites for ones that are not on MSE.

Many will have the option to check if you are eligible, before you actually apply.
    Originally posted by cjv
    Thanks so much,

I'm wondering is it ok if my card is maxed out, or is it better to have paid a fair bit off first before applying for a balance transfer?
    Nothing has been fixed since 2008, it was just pushed into the future
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 8th Oct 17, 9:46 PM
    • 29,445 Posts
    • 17,228 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    • 8th Oct 17, 9:46 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 9:46 PM
    I'm wondering is it ok if my card is maxed out, or is it better to have paid a fair bit off first before applying for a balance transfer?
    Originally posted by AG47
    That would depend on your income, number of cards, and overall, ie aggregate, utilisation. You'll always be viewed more favourably with less debt, but that would kind of defeat the objective (of stoozing).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

105Posts Today

2,394Users online

Martin's Twitter