Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sevenhills
    • By sevenhills 7th Oct 17, 7:55 PM
    • 585Posts
    • 218Thanks
    sevenhills
    Yearly tax codes
    • 7th Oct 17, 7:55 PM
    Yearly tax codes 7th Oct 17 at 7:55 PM
    I have in the past, applied for uniform and lunch break tax allowances. I no longer work the type of shift were I am work during the lunch hour, do I need to change my tax statement?
    I work PAYE, but I dont get a year tax code form.
    My tax code is 1206L 0, I am 56 and single earning £15k

Page 1
    • McKneff
    • By McKneff 7th Oct 17, 9:03 PM
    • 35,567 Posts
    • 45,794 Thanks
    McKneff
    • 7th Oct 17, 9:03 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 9:03 PM
    Ring the tax office and inform them. See what they say
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent
    • 00ec25
    • By 00ec25 8th Oct 17, 12:15 AM
    • 5,035 Posts
    • 4,380 Thanks
    00ec25
    • 8th Oct 17, 12:15 AM
    • 8th Oct 17, 12:15 AM
    I have in the past, applied for uniform and lunch break tax allowances. I no longer work the type of shift were I am work during the lunch hour, do I need to change my tax statement?
    I work PAYE, but I dont get a year tax code form.
    My tax code is 1206L 0, I am 56 and single earning £15k
    Originally posted by sevenhills
    yes you must inform HMRC as you are no longer entitled to the allowances that still appear to be included in your tax code

the standard tax free allowance for 17/18 is £11,500 so a tax code of 1150. Yours is 1206 so you are getting an extra £560 tax free which is probably wrong given what you have said.

the onus is on you to inform HMRC of changes to your circumstances.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,496Posts Today

6,860Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin