Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LovesFORrocks
    • By LovesFORrocks 7th Oct 17, 7:17 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    LovesFORrocks
    POPLA Appeal For Smart Parking Ltd
    • 7th Oct 17, 7:17 PM
    POPLA Appeal For Smart Parking Ltd 7th Oct 17 at 7:17 PM
    Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this, so please forgive me if I'm doing anything wrong.

My vehicle was recently captured on camera entering and leaving a Smart Parking Ltd car park, without purchasing a ticket. Being the registered keeper of the vehicle, I've received a PCN through the post. After speaking to the driver, they have assured me that one pay machine was signed as out of order and the other three would not accept any of the coins they had (I have been supplied a photo of the out of order machine). They then tried to pay via phone, but the automated service kept sending them back to the beginning of the process and wouldn't take payment.

As they were now late for a important appointment and out of payment options, they had to give up and attend the appointment. They also informed me that the signage in the car park wasn't clear from all areas and the there was too much information on the signs, with unclear indication to any parking charge penalties. I have checked this myself and the signs are very cluttered ad unclear.

after receiving the PCN today, I immediately submitted an appeal via the Smart Parking Ltd website, using the template on the 'NEWBIES' thread. I am anticipating the 'POPLA' stage and would like to get one step ahead by preparing my POPLA appeal letter.

As previously stated I am new to forums in general, so I apologise if I missing something really obvious, but could someone please help me with a relevant appeal letter?

I would appreciate any help at all and thank you all in advance
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Oct 17, 7:31 PM
    • 33,044 Posts
    • 17,004 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 7th Oct 17, 7:31 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 7:31 PM
    Everyone is politely asked not to start a new thread until they have read the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum

POPLA appeals are covered there comprehensively,but you do need to construct your own (lots of links are included in the FAQ)

Post yours up here for comment.

As you just did your initial appeal today you have plenty of time to draft a POPLA appeal (and can await your code before starting on it)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

135Posts Today

1,242Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin