Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • neilm22
    • By neilm22 7th Oct 17, 6:07 PM
    • 30Posts
    • 2Thanks
    neilm22
    0 WOW
    Aer Lingus added "admin fee" after booking
    • 7th Oct 17, 6:07 PM
    0 WOW
    Aer Lingus added "admin fee" after booking 7th Oct 17 at 6:07 PM
    Evening all,

I have just booked a second flight next summer to the US with Aer Lingus and booked it for £418.36. This was the price shown all along during the booking process and after entering credit card details, final confirmation (of which I have a screenshot) also shows this amount.

E-mail confirmation of the booking had an amount of £434.36 which had the above amount plus a £16 admin fee.

At no point during the booking process does this fee show anywhere and it is not shown in the agreed price that I agreed to pay.

I phoned Aer Lingus and a Customer Service Advisor told me it is supposed to show up during the booking process and in the final amount.

Is this not a bit wrong? It is not the agreed amount we contractually made and is added in afterwards. There is a 24hr free cancellation period but I don't think that's the point - if there is an admin fee it should surely be clear and transparent prior to making the agreement, which it is not.

Thoughts welcome.
Page 1
    • Westin
    • By Westin 7th Oct 17, 7:30 PM
    • 1,203 Posts
    • 886 Thanks
    Westin
    • 7th Oct 17, 7:30 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 7:30 PM
    Very strange.

Aer Lingus charge a £8 per segment booking fee but that is included in the price shown when you select the flights.

I just tried a random UK > US > UK booking and could not replicate your issue. The fee was included from the start.
    • littlereddevil
    • By littlereddevil 7th Oct 17, 8:47 PM
    • 4,696 Posts
    • 1,953 Thanks
    littlereddevil
    • 7th Oct 17, 8:47 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 8:47 PM
    Maybe complain to your credit card company?
    travelover
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

214Posts Today

2,023Users online

Martin's Twitter