Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • judygarland
    • By judygarland 7th Oct 17, 5:39 PM
    • 395Posts
    • 103Thanks
    judygarland
    Strange electrical thing going on with my Ford Focus
    • 7th Oct 17, 5:39 PM
    Strange electrical thing going on with my Ford Focus 7th Oct 17 at 5:39 PM
    Hi,
    I have a 2010 Ford Focus Titanium which has been playing up recently.

About 3 weeks ago, my dash no longer displayed the temperature and an illuminated red star appeared on the dashboard to advise of risk of ice (it was over 18 degrees!). I was also hearing the alarm siren two or three times a day and it would sound for 15 minutes at a time. Nothing I did would turn it off.

A few days later, car was back to normal.

Then today, I lost the temp again, indicators, cruise control, remote locking and I have an illuminated warning indicator telling me my handbrake is on (when it isn't)

Anyone have an ideas???
Page 1
    • flashg67
    • By flashg67 7th Oct 17, 5:54 PM
    • 2,300 Posts
    • 1,507 Thanks
    flashg67
    • 7th Oct 17, 5:54 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 5:54 PM
    Control unit / PCM /wiring fault? Find a garage (not necessarily a dealer) to see if there's any codes stored as a first step, unless you have a code reader yourself
    • judygarland
    • By judygarland 7th Oct 17, 6:08 PM
    • 395 Posts
    • 103 Thanks
    judygarland
    • 7th Oct 17, 6:08 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 6:08 PM
    Just about to try this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1mhFl34pd4
    • TonyMMM
    • By TonyMMM 7th Oct 17, 6:24 PM
    • 2,519 Posts
    • 2,701 Thanks
    TonyMMM
    • 7th Oct 17, 6:24 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 6:24 PM
    Battery failing and delivering a low voltage can cause symptoms like this
    • judygarland
    • By judygarland 7th Oct 17, 7:14 PM
    • 395 Posts
    • 103 Thanks
    judygarland
    • 7th Oct 17, 7:14 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 7:14 PM
    After watching that video, all sorted. I must have knocked the cable with my knee when sat in the passenger seat!
    • reddwarf2002
    • By reddwarf2002 7th Oct 17, 8:10 PM
    • 436 Posts
    • 104 Thanks
    reddwarf2002
    • 7th Oct 17, 8:10 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 8:10 PM
    After watching that video, all sorted. I must have knocked the cable with my knee when sat in the passenger seat!
    Originally posted by judygarland
    Well done on your fix. The power of Google/Youtube! I just love how so many problems can be easily fixed by the vast power of the car community.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

495Posts Today

3,675Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin