Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nicos42
    • By nicos42 7th Oct 17, 5:15 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 2Thanks
    nicos42
    Vendor not found a house in two months and a dream house cheaper just came to market
    • 7th Oct 17, 5:15 PM
    Vendor not found a house in two months and a dream house cheaper just came to market 7th Oct 17 at 5:15 PM
    Hi when i put my offer on as a first time buyer i was told that vendor has a place he likes. That was nearly two months ago but i did tell EA i would like to be in by Christmas.
    Problem is now that a house cane to market for considerably less money and in a much much more desirable location and very close to the office.
    I went to see it and EA told me that the vendor would assure me that i would be in for Christmas if i put an offer on.
    I feel very bad about it but the house i put the first offer the vendor is unlikely to find something this side of Christmas after speaking with EA.

Can i withdraw my offer? And be honest aboit finding a cheaper home closer to the office?
    I m not sure what to do but if i don't offer on the cgeap house Monday morning it will fly.
Page 3
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 10th Oct 17, 2:52 PM
    • 2,495 Posts
    • 1,862 Thanks
    Candyapple
    My only major concern with house 2 is the on street parking but vendor says they never had issues finding a parking space not always in front of house but on the road.
    Originally posted by nicos42
    Is there the possibility of getting a dropped kerb/driveway done on this property?

When you say it is close to the town centre, is there a likelihood that the council will make your street resident permit holders only?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 11th Oct 17, 2:20 PM
    • 2,309 Posts
    • 4,798 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Is there the possibility of getting a dropped kerb/driveway done on this property?

When you say it is close to the town centre, is there a likelihood that the council will make your street resident permit holders only?
    Originally posted by Candyapple

Assuming there is actually anywhere to park a car in front of the property if you did...
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,012Posts Today

7,774Users online

Martin's Twitter