Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Margot123
    • By Margot123 7th Oct 17, 5:01 PM
    • 286Posts
    • 238Thanks
    Margot123
    Slight Mistake on Grant of Probate
    • 7th Oct 17, 5:01 PM
    Slight Mistake on Grant of Probate 7th Oct 17 at 5:01 PM
    Another of my hypothetical questions: what happens if a Grant of Probate is issued and there is some minor spelling mistake? For example 1 Pudleduck Lane instead of 1 Puddleduck Lane (with an additional d).
    Are these classed as 'slip of pen' errors? Anyone had experience of this?
Page 1
    • Yorkshireman99
    • By Yorkshireman99 7th Oct 17, 5:05 PM
    • 3,362 Posts
    • 2,714 Thanks
    Yorkshireman99
    • 7th Oct 17, 5:05 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 5:05 PM
    Another of my hypothetical questions: what happens if a Grant of Probate is issued and there is some minor spelling mistake? For example 1 Pudleduck Lane instead of 1 Puddleduck Lane (with an additional d).
    Are these classed as 'slip of pen' errors? Anyone had experience of this?
    Originally posted by Margot123
    It depends on the exact mistake. In the case of your hypothetical it would be of no consequence.
    • Margot123
    • By Margot123 7th Oct 17, 5:08 PM
    • 286 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    Margot123
    • 7th Oct 17, 5:08 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 5:08 PM
    It depends on the exact mistake. In the case of your hypothetical it would be of no consequence.
    Originally posted by Yorkshireman99
    Yes, I suppose this would be the case. As with a will, if the individual can be correctly identified, then it is a simple 'slip of pen' error.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

373Posts Today

1,928Users online

Martin's Twitter