Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • moonpenny
    • By moonpenny 7th Oct 17, 5:00 PM
    • 1,786Posts
    • 1,549Thanks
    moonpenny
    eBay switching listings off?
    • 7th Oct 17, 5:00 PM
    eBay switching listings off? 7th Oct 17 at 5:00 PM
    For ages i have felt that ebay switch listings off and now I am sure they do.

Haven't sold a thing for 4 weeks - not even any watchers and then suddenly over last 2 days sold 4 items and guess what? All were from same area Surrey. I live in Yorkshire.
    I am a private seller and don't sell that much but usually have a few watchers at least, but I think this is just too much of a coincidence all being sold in same area.
    Has anyone else noticed this happening to their listings?
    Last edited by moonpenny; 07-10-2017 at 5:38 PM.
Page 2
    • charlies_mum
    • By charlies_mum 8th Oct 17, 1:05 PM
    • 6,913 Posts
    • 30,739 Thanks
    charlies_mum
    Spoken with EBay CS and apparently there is a known site bug which stops some sellers' items being shown, and I am one of them

No idea when it will be fixed. This is going to be a disaster unless they get it sorted quickly.
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever
    • Moogles44
    • By Moogles44 8th Oct 17, 1:15 PM
    • 137 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    Moogles44
    Spoken with EBay CS and apparently there is a known site bug which stops some sellers' items being shown, and I am one of them

No idea when it will be fixed. This is going to be a disaster unless they get it sorted quickly.
    Originally posted by charlies_mum
    Is this recent? Like in the last week or two? I bet I'm one too ! Bet we won't get any discount from fees we pay for being seller
    • charlies_mum
    • By charlies_mum 8th Oct 17, 1:17 PM
    • 6,913 Posts
    • 30,739 Thanks
    charlies_mum
    Yes, it's happened in the past couple of weeks. I've gone from 30% up on last year to less than 1%
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever
    • soolin
    • By soolin 8th Oct 17, 1:33 PM
    • 59,597 Posts
    • 42,293 Thanks
    soolin

There's been an issue with items showing wrong location rendering them invisible for a couple of months now, I wonder if that's the glitch they refer to? Apparently the reason we can't see listings sometimes is that the system glitches and doesn't recognise the UK, so when sellers look on eBay UK our items don't show up as the system doesn't know we are in the Uk. It also stops us being seen by overseas buyers as well as our country just doesn't register.

Looking at the community boards this has affected some very large volume sellers with them going from 50 sales a day to nothing and no one apart from people going through their shop, being able to see their items. This was supposedly fixed a couple of weeks ago, but I notice the threads about it have just become active again.

It really isn't good enough .
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • Moogles44
    • By Moogles44 8th Oct 17, 2:23 PM
    • 137 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    Moogles44
    Yes, it's happened in the past couple of weeks. I've gone from 30% up on last year to less than 1%
    I've just checked in last two weeks in 54% down from what I did last year which as about £1000 to me ! To me it's coincided with ending the active content in listings , which mine no longer have but I wonder if it's a glitch relating to that? So annoying . I like how they just sort of say, too bad , tough luck and here's your £500 bill for this month.
    Infuriating being a business seller sometimes . Where are our £1 maximum final value fee offers - would be nice for us once in a while when they mess up like this.
    We are paying for a service that they aren't providing if they aren't showing our listings!
    Last edited by Moogles44; 08-10-2017 at 2:27 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

495Posts Today

3,675Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin