Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SamsReturn
    • By SamsReturn 7th Oct 17, 4:31 PM
    • 1,671Posts
    • 2,962Thanks
    SamsReturn
    Scam baitor risks death threats.
    • 7th Oct 17, 4:31 PM
    Scam baitor risks death threats. 7th Oct 17 at 4:31 PM
    In the flesh, Wayne May (not his real name) is an affable gentleman in his late 40s, softly spoken with a lilting Welsh accent.
    When we meet he's casually dressed in jeans and a Batman T-shirt. He works full-time as a carer.
    On the net, he's a tireless defender of scam victims and a fearless scam baiter - a person who deliberately contacts scammers, engages with them and then publishes as much information about them as possible in order to warn others.
    He regularly receives death threats, and his website, Scam Survivors, is often subjected to attempted DDoS attacks - where a site is maliciously hit with lots of web traffic to try to knock it offline.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-41518352

Mr May, who does not charge but invites donations on his website, says his website gets up to 10,000 hits a day and the group also receives up to two dozen messages a day from people who are victims of sextortion - when a person is blackmailed after being persuaded to carry out a sex act on webcam, which is then recorded.

Some years ago i started talking to a woman on line who soon started taking her top off and telling me she had toys and would do anything i asked, but wanted me to join in first. I'm daft, but i'm not that daft, i'm sure she was a scammer.
    That blokes site look quite interesting, although i'm sure we're all careful.

https://www.scamsurvivors.com/
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

348Posts Today

1,456Users online

Martin's Twitter