Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • loulou41
    • By loulou41 7th Oct 17, 4:00 PM
    • 2,609Posts
    • 168Thanks
    loulou41
    Weight of decorative pebbles or slates
    • 7th Oct 17, 4:00 PM
    Weight of decorative pebbles or slates 7th Oct 17 at 4:00 PM
    Anybody know where I can buy those in small bags. The major bag is approx 20 to 25 kgs and they are too heavy for me to carry. Thanks
Page 1
    • Silvertabby
    • By Silvertabby 7th Oct 17, 5:18 PM
    • 1,658 Posts
    • 1,989 Thanks
    Silvertabby
    • 7th Oct 17, 5:18 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 5:18 PM
    Garden centres sell them in small carry bags - but they'll work out more expensive if you need several.

Can you get the larger bags delivered?
    Last edited by Silvertabby; 07-10-2017 at 6:20 PM.
    • Apodemus
    • By Apodemus 7th Oct 17, 9:35 PM
    • 912 Posts
    • 705 Thanks
    Apodemus
    • 7th Oct 17, 9:35 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 9:35 PM
    Or you could get them delivered...

Edit: Sorry, Silvertabby, missed your posting!
    • googler
    • By googler 8th Oct 17, 5:15 PM
    • 14,387 Posts
    • 9,300 Thanks
    googler
    • 8th Oct 17, 5:15 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 5:15 PM
    Buy large bag at garden centre/DIY store, get assistance to carry to car. Decant into several smaller bags in car park, discard empty large bag

???
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 9th Oct 17, 9:29 AM
    • 23,327 Posts
    • 88,921 Thanks
    Davesnave
    • 9th Oct 17, 9:29 AM
    • 9th Oct 17, 9:29 AM
    Buy large bag at garden centre/DIY store, get assistance to carry to car. Decant into several smaller bags in car park, discard empty large bag

???
    Originally posted by googler
    I was assuming the OP has no car or it wouldn't be an issue.

Where I am, the builders' merchant is way cheaper than the garden centre places and they have a web site (sometimes .) If someone car-less here wanted bags of stone and was prepared to wait a few days, they'd add it to another load for a nominal amount....say £5 -10 which would still make it cheap and convenient.

Can't say it will be the same everywhere, but local firms are often more helpful than the nationals.
    'A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they'll never sit in.'
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,335Posts Today

6,856Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin