Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tiredwithtwins
    • By tiredwithtwins 7th Oct 17, 1:53 PM
    • 402Posts
    • 1,130Thanks
    tiredwithtwins
    freezing haloumi cheese
    • 7th Oct 17, 1:53 PM
    freezing haloumi cheese 7th Oct 17 at 1:53 PM
    Hi,
    I regularly buy cheap grated cheese - mainly cheddar and mozzarella - when its reduced/on offer and put it in the freezer. - its fine once defrosted for using on hm pizza and in cooking, soups etc, and have used it on sandwiches with no problems or change to taste ...
    ive not frozen haloumi before and wondered if anyone has and what it was like once defrosted? ive got a couple of packets that I got reduced from the supermarket - I was going to use them this weekend but it will mess up my meal plan, so if they can be frozen i'll use them after next week ...

thanks

sue x
    October grocery challenge - 116/200
    nsd oct = 4!

Debt @ 07/2016 = £17,750
    debt @ 09/2017 = £16,240
Page 1
    • Callie22
    • By Callie22 7th Oct 17, 1:55 PM
    • 2,866 Posts
    • 7,836 Thanks
    Callie22
    • 7th Oct 17, 1:55 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 1:55 PM
    I've never frozen it but to be honest it's so tough and rubbery (in a good way!) that I can't see freezing it making any difference in terms of texture. I would try and use it as soon as possible from the freezer though, I don't think it'd freeze very well for months and months.
    • kittie
    • By kittie 7th Oct 17, 1:57 PM
    • 11,127 Posts
    • 62,074 Thanks
    kittie
    • 7th Oct 17, 1:57 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 1:57 PM
    It`s fine frozen in slices. I just dry fry as usual and there is no difference
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,528Posts Today

8,093Users online

Martin's Twitter