Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 7th Oct 17, 10:04 AM
    • 4,488Posts
    • 1,834Thanks
    brewerdave
    BT Sports App
    • 7th Oct 17, 10:04 AM
    BT Sports App 7th Oct 17 at 10:04 AM
    Is the BT Sports app. worth subscribing for ? Do you get access to most of the stuff on the BT Sports channels or just selected "highlights"?
    Just trying to decide whether to take up Plusnet's offer of a cheap deal on the app.
Page 1
    • poppasmurf_bewdley
    • By poppasmurf_bewdley 7th Oct 17, 11:04 AM
    • 5,010 Posts
    • 5,155 Thanks
    poppasmurf_bewdley
    • 7th Oct 17, 11:04 AM
    • 7th Oct 17, 11:04 AM
    I use the BT Sport app, and use it to cast the channels in HD from my iPhone to my TV.

It works very well.
    "Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds nought and six, result misery." Mr Wilkins Micawber in David Copperfield by Charles Dickens.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 7th Oct 17, 11:05 AM
    • 9,724 Posts
    • 3,990 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 7th Oct 17, 11:05 AM
    • 7th Oct 17, 11:05 AM
    I have the BT Sports app as part of BT Sports/ TV package since day one .
    It was initially free and this year paid for circa £3-50 pm .As its PN i would double check whats offered .

http://sport.bt.com/watch-now/programmes/download-the-bt-sport-app-for-your-device-S11363860641475
    • SpanishBlue
    • By SpanishBlue 10th Oct 17, 12:36 AM
    • 163 Posts
    • 82 Thanks
    SpanishBlue
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:36 AM
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:36 AM
    I have the BT sports app. As a Plusnet customer I took advantage of their introductory offer of £2.50 a month for the 1st 12 months, £5 a month after that. You can cancel at any time with one month's notice.

You get access to all of their stuff on BT Sports 1, 2 and 3 plus BT Sport ESPN and BoxNation.
    • VisionMan
    • By VisionMan 10th Oct 17, 2:25 AM
    • 1,545 Posts
    • 671 Thanks
    VisionMan
    • 10th Oct 17, 2:25 AM
    • 10th Oct 17, 2:25 AM
    Is the BT Sports app. worth subscribing for ? Do you get access to most of the stuff on the BT Sports channels or just selected "highlights"?
    Just trying to decide whether to take up Plusnet's offer of a cheap deal on the app.
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    Hi.
    The BT Sport app shows all of BT Sport's programmes on all of its channels. Including live. Its only on demand which is selected content only.

You can take up Plusnet's offer to try it and then if you don't like it cancel it, as its only a mth to mth contract.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 10th Oct 17, 8:24 AM
    • 4,488 Posts
    • 1,834 Thanks
    brewerdave
    • 10th Oct 17, 8:24 AM
    • 10th Oct 17, 8:24 AM
    Thanks to the last two posters -that's exactly the info I was after!!
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 10th Oct 17, 9:07 AM
    • 1,146 Posts
    • 513 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 10th Oct 17, 9:07 AM
    • 10th Oct 17, 9:07 AM
    I have the BT sports app. As a Plusnet customer I took advantage of their introductory offer of £2.50 a month for the 1st 12 months, £5 a month after that. You can cancel at any time with one month's notice.

You get access to all of their stuff on BT Sports 1, 2 and 3 plus BT Sport ESPN and BoxNation.
    Originally posted by SpanishBlue
    You don't get all of BoxNations fights. The recent GGG/Canelo fight for instance and the upcoming Lomachenko/Rigondeaux bout.
    • SpanishBlue
    • By SpanishBlue 10th Oct 17, 11:23 AM
    • 163 Posts
    • 82 Thanks
    SpanishBlue
    • 10th Oct 17, 11:23 AM
    • 10th Oct 17, 11:23 AM
    You don't get all of BoxNations fights. The recent GGG/Canelo fight for instance and the upcoming Lomachenko/Rigondeaux bout.
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe
    I'm not a boxing fan so haven't watched BoxNation, but just out of interest, are you saying the bouts you mentioned are available free to viewers who watch BoxNation via other means, but not to people who watch on the app?

I've had a quick look at Plusnet's T's & C's regarding their app and can't see any mention of certain events not being available.
    • VisionMan
    • By VisionMan 12th Oct 17, 1:52 AM
    • 1,545 Posts
    • 671 Thanks
    VisionMan
    • 12th Oct 17, 1:52 AM
    • 12th Oct 17, 1:52 AM
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe
    I too don't watch Box Nation and I get it for free.

The channels that are guaranteed on the BT Sport app are BT Sport 1, 2 & 3 and ESPN. Plus six BT Sport extra channels when theres a spill over, such as on Champions League nights as they show every match live.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,254Posts Today

8,901Users online

Martin's Twitter