Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • goodwithsaving
    • By goodwithsaving 7th Oct 17, 9:56 AM
    • 658Posts
    • 999Thanks
    goodwithsaving
    Break in chain - mortgage offer
    • 7th Oct 17, 9:56 AM
    Break in chain - mortgage offer 7th Oct 17 at 9:56 AM
    Hello.

I have a mortgage offer but need to break the chain (1 month in between moves), but am returning to an address I previously lived and so is already listed on my credit file........what do I do about my mortgage offer? I don't want to affect the final credit check between exchange and completion.

Thank you.
    Every time you borrow money, you’re robbing your future self. –Nathan W. Morris
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 7th Oct 17, 10:48 AM
    • 13,688 Posts
    • 14,157 Thanks
    zx81
    • 7th Oct 17, 10:48 AM
    • 7th Oct 17, 10:48 AM
    what do I do about my mortgage offer?
    Originally posted by goodwithsaving
    You let the lender know about your change in circumstances.
    • goodwithsaving
    • By goodwithsaving 7th Oct 17, 11:30 AM
    • 658 Posts
    • 999 Thanks
    goodwithsaving
    • 7th Oct 17, 11:30 AM
    • 7th Oct 17, 11:30 AM
    Thank you. I don't think I'd have to go through the entire application process again, do I? I'll update them of address no problem.
    I tried calling but they are closed today and I'll spend Sunday chewing my nails!
    Every time you borrow money, you’re robbing your future self. –Nathan W. Morris
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

267Posts Today

1,543Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin