Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lynneg444
    • By lynneg444 7th Oct 17, 9:35 AM
    • 7Posts
    • 1Thanks
    lynneg444
    Different end dates on 0% rates
    • 7th Oct 17, 9:35 AM
    Different end dates on 0% rates 7th Oct 17 at 9:35 AM
    Hi,

With different end dates for special offers are the monthly payments made to the part ending soonest?

It's an MBNA card with 0% ending Oct 2018 and further one in 2020. I pay double the minimum payment which is enough to clear the 2018 offer if all the payment is made to that part of my account but I'm not sure how they do this in practice.

Thanks,
Page 1
    • cooltt
    • By cooltt 7th Oct 17, 10:29 AM
    • 553 Posts
    • 297 Thanks
    cooltt
    • 7th Oct 17, 10:29 AM
    • 7th Oct 17, 10:29 AM
    Yes all over payments will go to the one ending soonest. You can see this if you download the statement. It will show you which balance is decreasing fastest.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 7th Oct 17, 11:30 AM
    • 17,087 Posts
    • 11,240 Thanks
    molerat
    • 7th Oct 17, 11:30 AM
    • 7th Oct 17, 11:30 AM
    Yes all over payments will go to the one ending soonest. You can see this if you download the statement. It will show you which balance is decreasing fastest.
    Originally posted by cooltt
    Not quite true.

MBNA allocate all payments to the offer that started first, not necessarily the one that ends first. All clearly stated in the T&Cs booklet supplied with the account, item 4.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,843Posts Today

6,868Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin