Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lauraliz
    • By Lauraliz 7th Oct 17, 9:31 AM
    • 15Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Lauraliz
    second viewing
    • 7th Oct 17, 9:31 AM
    second viewing 7th Oct 17 at 9:31 AM
    We are off today for a second viewing, I am very excited!
    I am planning on having a good look at windows, boiler, bathroom and kitchen bits to check for leaks and generally poke about.
    The house is empty as the tenants left last week, moments before our first viewing and had left it in a bit of a stinky and trashed state. The house is non standard build, timber cross beam condtruction with brick eves. There is a load of this type of build locally and we have checked who will lend on such.

Is there any "I wish I checked that" things they can share?

Thanks
Page 1
    • kinger101
    • By kinger101 7th Oct 17, 9:34 AM
    • 3,887 Posts
    • 5,305 Thanks
    kinger101
    • 7th Oct 17, 9:34 AM
    • 7th Oct 17, 9:34 AM
    Knock walls for signs of blown plaster. Check number and position of sockets. Do go up in the roof space too. Bring a torch in case there is no light.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

160Posts Today

1,665Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin