Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • robgoode
    • By robgoode 7th Oct 17, 8:31 AM
    • 8Posts
    • 7Thanks
    robgoode
    0 WOW
    Asda Create Your Own Pizza
    • 7th Oct 17, 8:31 AM
    0 WOW
    Asda Create Your Own Pizza 7th Oct 17 at 8:31 AM
    Went into Asda last night to pick up 2 CYO 10in pizzas. Usually on offer 2 for £4.50 (was £4 a year ago). Went to checkout to find offer didn’t work and the member of staff said the deal had ended.

From what I remember this offer has been on for multiple number of years, over 10 years I’m sure. Wonder what’s made them end the offer?

Thought I’d give others a heads up so they don’t find out themselves when they go to the till.

Price overall is still cheaper than a takeaway pizza but I think other pizza options will look more appealing if Asda’s record of incremental price rises continue.
Page 1
    • robin58
    • By robin58 8th Oct 17, 2:35 PM
    • 1,852 Posts
    • 1,876 Thanks
    robin58
    • 8th Oct 17, 2:35 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 2:35 PM
    Like most things nowadays, the bottom line.

If people will by the pizzas without the deal then they will remove it because they can make a better gain in profit against actual cost.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!!
    • unforeseen
    • By unforeseen 8th Oct 17, 3:31 PM
    • 1,759 Posts
    • 2,201 Thanks
    unforeseen
    • 8th Oct 17, 3:31 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 3:31 PM
    I had this with flavoured water. The offer runs for a set time. At the end there must be period of normal prices before it can be reapplied.

If the gap is not there then the offer price becomes the normal price.

That is how the managers explained it to me.
    • k3lvc
    • By k3lvc 8th Oct 17, 3:34 PM
    • 1,866 Posts
    • 2,932 Thanks
    k3lvc
    • 8th Oct 17, 3:34 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 3:34 PM
    I had this with flavoured water. The offer runs for a set time. At the end there must be period of normal prices before it can be reapplied.

If the gap is not there then the offer price becomes the normal price.

That is how the managers explained it to me.
    Originally posted by unforeseen
    That only applies for price off deals on a single item where they're showing price reduction/saving vs normal selling price. Where it's a multibuy they can continue selling single items at whatever price they want and the 'deal' only applies to multiple purchases
    • unforeseen
    • By unforeseen 8th Oct 17, 4:00 PM
    • 1,759 Posts
    • 2,201 Thanks
    unforeseen
    • 8th Oct 17, 4:00 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 4:00 PM
    Flavoured water is multibuy. 45p each or buy 4 for £1.50
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,843Posts Today

6,868Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin