Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Simba-ali34
    • By Simba-ali34 7th Oct 17, 5:18 AM
    • 134Posts
    • 7Thanks
    Simba-ali34
    New build walls
    • 7th Oct 17, 5:18 AM
    New build walls 7th Oct 17 at 5:18 AM
    Hello
    Does anyone know the cheap white paint used in new build properties? It's on plasterboard l. I don't wanna repaint the entire house but need to touch up.

Regards
Page 1
    • glasgowdan
    • By glasgowdan 7th Oct 17, 7:32 AM
    • 2,530 Posts
    • 2,838 Thanks
    glasgowdan
    • 7th Oct 17, 7:32 AM
    • 7th Oct 17, 7:32 AM
    If it were only that simple.

If the patch shows up you could just paint that wall
    • jcb208
    • By jcb208 7th Oct 17, 6:01 PM
    • 675 Posts
    • 338 Thanks
    jcb208
    • 7th Oct 17, 6:01 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 6:01 PM
    could be anything really but common paints used are Dulux supermatt,Dulux Fast matt,Glidden contract matt,I would go with the Dulux supermatt which is used a lot
    • Cats are great
    • By Cats are great 9th Oct 17, 10:29 AM
    • 51 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Cats are great
    • 9th Oct 17, 10:29 AM
    • 9th Oct 17, 10:29 AM
    All builders have a preferred contractor who in turn have a preferred paint manufacturer. Call the house builder and ask what paint was used or who the painting contractor was.

The builder may have specified what paint should be used so they are your best bet.

Leyland Superleytex is a popular new build paint as is Johnstones jonmat
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

199Posts Today

1,493Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin