Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bama88
    • By Bama88 6th Oct 17, 11:57 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Bama88
    Second county court claim form from gladstones!
    • 6th Oct 17, 11:57 PM
    Second county court claim form from gladstones! 6th Oct 17 at 11:57 PM
    Hi Everyone,

Please help, I'm at breaking point with these cowboys! I recently received a county court claim form from Gladstones about a month ago. Unfortunately I had to pay it as I am currently working 12 hour shifts 6 days a week and didn't have the time or energy to fight it. I work in the financial industry so can not afford to get a CCJ as it could affect my employment. I had to pay them £241 in total £160 for the ticket and the rest their costs. It killed me to pay it but I panicked. The original ticket was issued by UK Car Parking Management and was for parking in a private car park outside work, there was a new sign that I didn't notice before parking there that day. This is part of the reason I paid it as I didn't think I had a strong defence. Anyway after paying them and requesting confirmation of payment, I received nothing, 2 further calls later, I lost my temper with the rude girl on the phone. I eventually got the confirmation of payment a few weeks ago, after being hung up on! Then much to my dismay and horror, I arrived home a couple of weeks ago to another LBC from them, I didn't think much of this as I've heard they do this - send out further correspondence once cases have been closed. Due to their total incompetence. I decided to ignore this, thinking they'd realise their error, plus I didn't want to speak to them again. However today, I've arrived home to another County Claim from from Northampton for what I thought was an older ticket I had from UK Car Parking Management that I thought I'd never hear about again, as it was for parking on a road where there was absolutely no signage at all (for which I have photographic evidence) the date corresponds with this older ticket from 2016 but looking at the particulars of claim on the Claim form the offence apparently occurred in Watford..I have never even been to Watford. I'm assuming I have a pretty good defence! Any advice on how to proceed will be greatly appreciated. Please ignore all punctuation errors as I am typing this on my phone after yet another extremely long shift I refuse to pay these b****rds another penny!
Page 2
    • Bama88
    • By Bama88 10th Oct 17, 11:58 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bama88
    Yes, correct on all points 👍🏼
    • Bama88
    • By Bama88 10th Oct 17, 12:20 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bama88
    Yes, correct on all points 👍🏼
    • Bama88
    • By Bama88 11th Oct 17, 4:49 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bama88
    The only day I have off to work on my defence is Sunday, any advice before then will be greatly appreciated.
    • Bama88
    • By Bama88 12th Oct 17, 11:33 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bama88
    I don't seem to be getting much response on this post, have I don't something wrong? It was my first post so I'm thinking maybe I've messed it up somehow?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Oct 17, 11:36 PM
    • 16,119 Posts
    • 20,201 Thanks
    Redx
    no you have not messed up

your issues are legal ones so very few people can answer and we gets dozens of posts per day on here, so yours has slipped down the pages and been lost

I certainly would not be able to answer your questions, many others wouldnt either
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Johnersh
    • By Johnersh 12th Oct 17, 11:55 PM
    • 530 Posts
    • 956 Thanks
    Johnersh
    You've been advised on the defence available.

You're going to admit being keeper of the car but deny that it was parked in Watford on the material date.

You're going to put them to proof that they were entitled to issue tickets at the address in question, which is 'The relevant land' for the purposes of POFA 2012 and any claim brought against you under that act as keeper.

I suggest you draft it and then we can review. You will need to take parts of various template defences. I'm afraid I can rarely do bespoke pleadings on this forum with my work commitments.

If you're drafting Sunday, when does the defence have to be filed?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

213Posts Today

1,548Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin