Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sillygoose
    • By sillygoose 6th Oct 17, 10:12 PM
    • 3,937Posts
    • 4,028Thanks
    sillygoose
    0 WOW
    Looking ahead.. Ryanair next summer
    • 6th Oct 17, 10:12 PM
    0 WOW
    Looking ahead.. Ryanair next summer 6th Oct 17 at 10:12 PM
    I have never had much hankering to fly Ryanair but I am seeing some pretty good fares next summer for places I want to go.

But their recent screw ups make me nervous, what if it goes wrong next summer and they end up with not enough pilots for the flights they sold and start cancelling? - your left with accommodation going to waste and no way to get there!

Now I know this could be the case with any airline, one year Monarch cancelled a route several months after I thought I was safely booked to travel on it.

But obviously Ryanair have a pretty ropey track record now, but it would be suicidal for them to mess up a summer season as well.

For me its weighing up the perceived 'risk' versus paying about 20% more for a more regular service like Thomas Cook.

I am not so worried about financial loss, that's would be protected by the credit card, more the risk of being let down and sat at home watching the rain run down the window!

Anyone have any thoughts?
Page 3
    • budgetflyer
    • By budgetflyer 12th Oct 17, 5:13 PM
    • 5,644 Posts
    • 3,612 Thanks
    budgetflyer
    Just booked two Ryanair flights to go for lunch with some chums in another country and back again on the same day.
    €34 return.
    I'll pay more than that for the first bottle of wine.
    THAT is why Ryanair are the fifth most successful airline on the planet.
    Originally posted by Tom The Great Sebastian
    passenger numbers yes, Turnover and profit no. Surprising, but In Europe, Lufthansa and IAG all have higher turnover+profit.
    • leylandsunaddict
    • By leylandsunaddict 12th Oct 17, 5:26 PM
    • 1,446 Posts
    • 977 Thanks
    leylandsunaddict
    passenger numbers yes, Turnover and profit no. Surprising, but In Europe, Lufthansa and IAG all have higher turnover+profit.
    Originally posted by budgetflyer
    IAG isn't an airline though. It's a group of 4 airlines.
    • bagand96
    • By bagand96 12th Oct 17, 7:44 PM
    • 2,766 Posts
    • 1,716 Thanks
    bagand96
    IAG isn't an airline though. It's a group of 4 airlines.
    Originally posted by leylandsunaddict
    Same for Lufthansa... just LH or the entire Lufthansa Group....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

50Posts Today

3,537Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin