Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • KarlJE
    • By KarlJE 6th Oct 17, 9:51 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    KarlJE
    Motorcycle code 12 PCN
    • 6th Oct 17, 9:51 PM
    Motorcycle code 12 PCN 6th Oct 17 at 9:51 PM
    Hi first time post, was hoping I could get some help. I've just moved from Cardiff to Plymouth for uni and received a penalty charge notice. "Code 12 - Parked in a residents' or shared use parking place without clearly disaplying either a permit or voucher or display ticket issued for that place"

I parked in the permit holders only parking outside my flat, in all the places I've lived in Cardiff solo motorcycles have been able to park in permit area fine as long as you're not parked stupidly. Stupidly didn't cross my mind when moving to see if it was the same here when I moved, have been parking there for a month too. Tried to post evidence but new user, so wasn't able to

Are motorcycles requried to have a residents parking permit? or is there any reason I've missed that I can appeal for?
    Thanks in advance from a poor student who could really do without this lol
Page 1
    • Johno100
    • By Johno100 6th Oct 17, 10:02 PM
    • 2,996 Posts
    • 3,213 Thanks
    Johno100
    • 6th Oct 17, 10:02 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 10:02 PM
    Council or Private Parking Company?
    • KarlJE
    • By KarlJE 6th Oct 17, 10:08 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    KarlJE
    • 6th Oct 17, 10:08 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 10:08 PM
    Is Plymouth city council
    • unforeseen
    • By unforeseen 7th Oct 17, 7:31 AM
    • 1,758 Posts
    • 2,201 Thanks
    unforeseen
    • 7th Oct 17, 7:31 AM
    • 7th Oct 17, 7:31 AM
    Fairly clear here, even to the point of emphasizing motorcycles also need permits
    https://www.plymouth.gov.uk/parkingandtravel/parkingpermits/residentparkingpermit

For a council ticket Pepipoo is the best place to get advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,664Posts Today

7,291Users online

Martin's Twitter