Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • geraldine79
    • By geraldine79 6th Oct 17, 8:27 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    geraldine79
    Can I remove cancelled loan application?
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:27 PM
    Can I remove cancelled loan application? 6th Oct 17 at 8:27 PM
    Hi all

I applied for a consolidated loan from zopa . However I have decided to cancel it (a day after being accepted) as my credit card company offered me a zero percent money transfer. Typical bad timing by me!
    Anyway I'm hoping to get a mortgage in the new year so don't want the credit application from zopa on my file seeing as it's cancelled within the cooling off period. Is this possible?? Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • cjmillsnun
    • By cjmillsnun 6th Oct 17, 8:29 PM
    • 214 Posts
    • 137 Thanks
    cjmillsnun
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:29 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:29 PM
    Nope it is not possible. There will be a hard search on your file. However one hard search a few months before the application won’t hurt things overmuch.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 6th Oct 17, 8:57 PM
    • 30,125 Posts
    • 19,067 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:57 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:57 PM
    The entry is for a search thats it, as your going for a mortgage the lender will ask for bank statements and see no loan was paid into the account.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

336Posts Today

3,299Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin