Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • helen0905
    • By helen0905 6th Oct 17, 8:25 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    helen0905
    Trying to fob me off with a cheaper alternative
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:25 PM
    Trying to fob me off with a cheaper alternative 6th Oct 17 at 8:25 PM
    Hi lovely people, please help!!!
    I had my Huawei P9 pinched last week I am claiming through my home insurance and got a phonecall today to discuss replacements... they can't get hold of the P9... it seems to be out of stock everywhere. They offered me what they said was an almost exact alternative. I have looked it up and its a budget version of my phone, not comparable at all. The price for example is around £150-200 when mine was nearly £500 6 mths ago. The P9 was top of the line and this alternative is not, its a Honor x6 which seems to be a budget line. I stupidly agreed as I was distracted, but they said i could return it unused with a reason. I will phone them first thing monday... but wanted a bit of knowledge as to my rights first. Can they do this? There doesnt seem to be a same cost alternative from huawei, that is comparable in spec, so what does that mean? SO frustrating for some reason the p9 has disappeared as it was such a good phone.
    Any help would be amazing! Feel conned and frustrated
    Thank you in advance
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 6th Oct 17, 8:39 PM
    • 33,044 Posts
    • 17,006 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:39 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:39 PM
    Brand new p9 are now around £170

Maybe they will give you some cash so you can buy one.
    • paddyandstumpy
    • By paddyandstumpy 7th Oct 17, 7:58 AM
    • 844 Posts
    • 351 Thanks
    paddyandstumpy
    • 7th Oct 17, 7:58 AM
    • 7th Oct 17, 7:58 AM
    Are the specs comparable?
    • maddogb
    • By maddogb 8th Oct 17, 10:49 AM
    • 464 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    maddogb
    • 8th Oct 17, 10:49 AM
    • 8th Oct 17, 10:49 AM
    seems to be plenty of the 32Gb available thru amazon market place and three.co.uk have what seems to be same phone with 64Gb badged as p10 tho that is £499
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B01E08I644/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

also see
    https://recombu.com/mobile/article/huawei-p9-vs-huawei-p9-lite-whats-the-difference-comparison#

despite it not being mentioned in the article the full p9 has a camera developed with Leica, can't see that being claimed for the lite version so beware if camera is important.
    Last edited by maddogb; 08-10-2017 at 10:55 AM. Reason: addition
    • helen0905
    • By helen0905 8th Oct 17, 11:55 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    helen0905
    • 8th Oct 17, 11:55 AM
    thanks!
    • 8th Oct 17, 11:55 AM
    Thank you, I had struggled to find the p9 anywhere. I shall take a look at amazon... i was only looking at phone shops. The specs aren't comparable, not when you look at it, and as someone kindly said the camera isnt comparable so I hope I have a case to refuse it. Thanks for helping calm my fears!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,496Posts Today

6,860Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin