Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kenwen
    • By kenwen 6th Oct 17, 7:58 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 1Thanks
    kenwen
    POPLA appeal rejected - dodgy camera positioning?
    • 6th Oct 17, 7:58 PM
    POPLA appeal rejected - dodgy camera positioning? 6th Oct 17 at 7:58 PM
    We were hit by a ParkingEye notice that shows our car parked but the exit camera shows our car on what I believe to be a public road, not a car park exit. The road in question

Deal Porters Way SE16 (Sorry, can't add a link)

I think is a public road, open at two ends and the car park is attached to it.

The exit photo is on Deal Porters Way and by a bus stop!

Our POPLA appeal got rejected as they claim the exit photo is reasonable, which we're disputing.

A few questions

Is this worth appealing further, rejecting the invoice
    Complaining to Surrey Quays about their camera positioning.

thanks
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 6th Oct 17, 8:46 PM
    • 33,589 Posts
    • 17,469 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:46 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:46 PM
    You can complain to POPLA about the decision, but any further appeals to the ppc aren't possible if that fails

You now ignore everything you get except court correspondence or a lbcca.

They have 6 years to commence legal proceedings

If you haven't done so then read up the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum which will take you right through the process
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 6th Oct 17, 9:29 PM
    • 4,774 Posts
    • 3,127 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 6th Oct 17, 9:29 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 9:29 PM
    We were hit by a ParkingEye notice that shows our car parked but the exit camera shows our car on what I believe to be a public road, not a car park exit. The road in question

Deal Porters Way SE16 (Sorry, can't add a link)

I think is a public road, open at two ends and the car park is attached to it.

The exit photo is on Deal Porters Way and by a bus stop!

Our POPLA appeal got rejected as they claim the exit photo is reasonable, which we're disputing.
    Originally posted by kenwen
    Looking at Google Street View, I would say that Deal Porters Way, particularly at the southern end, is most likely a private road.

For a number of reasons:

1) the yellow lines in Redriff Road finish abruptly on turning into Deal Porters Way - that's on both sides of Deal Porters Way. See here and here. In that part of London it is unlikely that unrestricted parking would be allowed on that stretch of road.

2) There is a '4 hour max stay' private parking sign pretty close to the southern entrance to Deal Porters Way. See here.

3) the pedestrian crossings on Deal Porters Way have no zig-zag markings nor flashing beacons.

4) there are rather strange speed restriction signs. See here.

But then again, perhaps the private road starts just north of the bus stops - where the road surface changes and where these gates are. See here.

Not sure how that helps you but perhaps you need to confirm the status of that road with the local council in preparation for any forthcoming court case.
    Last edited by KeithP; 06-10-2017 at 10:13 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,081Posts Today

6,112Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• Follow Martin