Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JaneyLouWho
    • By JaneyLouWho 6th Oct 17, 7:31 PM
    • 51Posts
    • 14Thanks
    JaneyLouWho
    Nationwide underwriting
    • 6th Oct 17, 7:31 PM
    Nationwide underwriting 6th Oct 17 at 7:31 PM
    Just a question for those with experience of Nationwide's underwriting process. My DiP was referred on Monday, likely because I had a voluntary repossession in 2009 which my broker checked out before submission was within criteria. On Wednesday I met with the broker who submitted my full application, and today Nationwide came back asking for the two April payslips for 2016 and 2017 showing my annual bonus being paid, and a signed statement about the repossession. The broker submitted everything and told me this evening that every document is now showing on the system as accepted and it just needs to go to a final underwriting check. My question is, does the fact the document is accepted just mean that they've checked it is what they asked for, or is it accepted as in that part of the application is fine and meets lending criteria and they just now need to look at the case as a whole?

Really appreciate all the advice here and hope we're heading towards the final hurdle!
Page 1
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 6th Oct 17, 7:58 PM
    • 9,867 Posts
    • 3,822 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 6th Oct 17, 7:58 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 7:58 PM
    It means that have the documentation they need for the case to be reviewed by a decision maker. That review is the next step.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • JaneyLouWho
    • By JaneyLouWho 6th Oct 17, 8:01 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    JaneyLouWho
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:01 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:01 PM
    Do nationwide underwriters work on a saturday...? Haha. So impatient - you'd think I'd be used to this by now ��
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,633Posts Today

6,192Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin