Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • allyanne
    • By allyanne 6th Oct 17, 7:31 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    allyanne
    bt nightmare
    • 6th Oct 17, 7:31 PM
    bt nightmare 6th Oct 17 at 7:31 PM
    So I decide I`ve had enough of my bt package, several issues plus I just don`t like it! Still in contract by 3 months, called to cancel...told by first person (twice) no cancellation fee! Told by second person £72.60, great I`ll change providers and pay that. Set up new provider, phoned bt back..that`ll be £292.40 to cancel. Where do I stand with this? I`ve already emailed a formal complaint, I also have a screen shot of the first conversation.
Page 1
    • NeilCr
    • By NeilCr 6th Oct 17, 7:45 PM
    • 1,023 Posts
    • 1,103 Thanks
    NeilCr
    • 6th Oct 17, 7:45 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 7:45 PM
    The mods on the BT forum

https://community.bt.com

are very good at sorting out problems if you can get their attention

May well be worth posting there. There are some knowledgable posters too
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 6th Oct 17, 7:58 PM
    • 1,474 Posts
    • 3,088 Thanks
    IAmWales
    • 6th Oct 17, 7:58 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 7:58 PM
    How much do you normally pay each month? Did you ask for a breakdown of the figure?
    • allyanne
    • By allyanne 6th Oct 17, 11:48 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    allyanne
    • 6th Oct 17, 11:48 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 11:48 PM
    Normally around £75 a month, yes I asked for a breakdown on the first 2 conversations and that was zero and £72.60.
    • iniltous
    • By iniltous 7th Oct 17, 8:43 AM
    • 1,345 Posts
    • 474 Thanks
    iniltous
    • 7th Oct 17, 8:43 AM
    • 7th Oct 17, 8:43 AM
    Perhaps you can post your itemised bill, and how you get to £75 a month , if you do pay that much, and have 3 months left , then 3x£75 is £225 on its own, if you just cancel rather than switch to a new provider ( not including Virgin) thats another £30 , so you are getting close to the figure they quote.
    I doubt being given an incorrect figure by a call centre person although unhelpful isn't a good enough reason to be 'let off' with whatever the calculated early termination figure turns out to be, TBH , 3 months is not long, and given your 'I just don't like it ' reason for wanting to quit, why on earth don't you just wait for 3 months, whatever company you end up using ( unless it's VM) will not be very different to the service you have now , providing you buy a similar product from the new provider
    Last edited by iniltous; 07-10-2017 at 8:46 AM.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 7th Oct 17, 11:10 AM
    • 9,724 Posts
    • 3,990 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 7th Oct 17, 11:10 AM
    • 7th Oct 17, 11:10 AM
    It would be the norm to have to pay the remaining months on your contract .
    I would be spending the three months working out what i wanted from TV Broadband and Phone services .You can then look around to see who provides what you want .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,501Posts Today

8,231Users online

Martin's Twitter