Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hoseman
    • By Hoseman 6th Oct 17, 6:57 PM
    • 334Posts
    • 172Thanks
    Hoseman
    Feedback on Plusnet mobile please
    • 6th Oct 17, 6:57 PM
    Feedback on Plusnet mobile please 6th Oct 17 at 6:57 PM
    Any current customers care to share their experience of using them? Customer service and network coverage. EE are normally very good.

Plusnet told me they have full access to the network. I think I right in saying that isn't usually the case when it comes to companies that piggyback off the networks but I could be talking nonsense. Can anyone clarify?

Any feedback appreciated :-)
Page 1
    • Lorian
    • By Lorian 6th Oct 17, 7:01 PM
    • 4,089 Posts
    • 2,228 Thanks
    Lorian
    • 6th Oct 17, 7:01 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 7:01 PM
    We have 5 contracts, all running a few months. No one has complained about anything in particular, no coverage complaints and we live somewhere that isn't exactly a metropolis.

Only had to talk to customer services to do number transfers and set caps when migrating in, and that all went well.

There have been some notes that short sms numbers used by some banks etc don't work. This hasn't affected us.

The only minor bug bear for me is there is no mobile app yet to check usage etc - but you can do it on their website.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 6th Oct 17, 7:19 PM
    • 1,157 Posts
    • 517 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 6th Oct 17, 7:19 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 7:19 PM
    As far as I'm aware all MVNO's use the same network as their parent companies with the same coverage however there is one caveat which may apply to others as well.

EE now use the additional 800Mhz band for data and VoLTE which is accessible for EE customers only using certain (read expensive) phones. Plusnet customers don't have access to it. As pointed out above shortcodes aren't supported (outgoing) either although whether that's a good thing or not depends on who you ask. There's no App if that's a deal breaker and their website is pretty unstable. There's no WiFi calling either.

When applying for a sim be aware that they do a full hard credit search so if you have an initial payment problem don't keep trying as each attempt will register as a credit search.

However if all you want is a reliable, cheap rolling monthly contract with lots of data, minutes & texts then they do the job.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 7th Oct 17, 8:05 AM
    • 7,435 Posts
    • 2,319 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    • 7th Oct 17, 8:05 AM
    • 7th Oct 17, 8:05 AM

The only minor bug bear for me is there is no mobile app yet to check usage etc - but you can do it on their website.
    Originally posted by Lorian

I never understand why anyone would rely on what a network tells you; it can at the very least not be up to date. All the phones I've ever owned have their own counters which are accurate and easy to set up and check.
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 7th Oct 17, 10:18 AM
    • 2,398 Posts
    • 640 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 7th Oct 17, 10:18 AM
    • 7th Oct 17, 10:18 AM
    what the network considers you have used should be equal to what you are charged.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 7th Oct 17, 11:25 AM
    • 7,435 Posts
    • 2,319 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    • 7th Oct 17, 11:25 AM
    • 7th Oct 17, 11:25 AM
    That is obvious; however, their systems don't always update instantly - your phone log does, and therefore provides more accurate information and is far better for staying within allowances. The only time that isn't true is where there is a mixture of freephone and/or premium rate calls in the mix, which wouldn't show up on my phone counters.
    Last edited by mobilejunkie; 07-10-2017 at 11:29 AM.
    • mgfvvc
    • By mgfvvc 8th Oct 17, 12:15 PM
    • 220 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    mgfvvc
    • 8th Oct 17, 12:15 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 12:15 PM
    The main downside (or upside for money saving) is that PlusNet do not support short codes (4 to 6 digit numbers used for charity appeals, dodgy competitions and various other things).
    • Hoseman
    • By Hoseman 9th Oct 17, 9:27 AM
    • 334 Posts
    • 172 Thanks
    Hoseman
    • 9th Oct 17, 9:27 AM
    • 9th Oct 17, 9:27 AM
    Thanks very much for all the feedback and I've ordered a SIM. :-)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

12Posts Today

4,285Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin