Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cshowell
    • By cshowell 6th Oct 17, 6:18 PM
    • 59Posts
    • 28Thanks
    cshowell
    Question about comments on Facebook and Twitters comps
    • 6th Oct 17, 6:18 PM
    Question about comments on Facebook and Twitters comps 6th Oct 17 at 6:18 PM
    I notice that on competitions on Facebook and Twitter they often only required you to like and share (or follow and retweet). I notice that lots of people leave comments as well (such as "love to win", "Great prize" etc).

My questions is, does this make any difference to who wins the competition or is it entirely random as to who wins?

I know on gleam and rafflecopter it is random as the computer decides from all the entries, but I was just wondering about Facebook and Twitter as I don't want to waste time leaving comments if it makes no difference to my chances of winning.

Anyone in the know?
Page 1
    • emiai
    • By emiai 6th Oct 17, 8:30 PM
    • 1,195 Posts
    • 24,130 Thanks
    emiai
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:30 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:30 PM
    Depends on the competition host, sometimes it helps - (its why people put up sob stories) and other times they ignore the comments and just randomly pick.

I've won by both methods.. being picked because they liked my comment, and not making any comment at all and then being selected at random.
    Sending love and luck!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,436Posts Today

6,402Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin