Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Beakerb33
    • By Beakerb33 6th Oct 17, 6:09 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Beakerb33
    Nationwide PPI
    • 6th Oct 17, 6:09 PM
    Nationwide PPI 6th Oct 17 at 6:09 PM
    Hi,

I complained to Nationwide about PPI sold on 3 loans between 2000 - 2004. In 2012 they refused to uphold my complaint. I complained again this week under the Plevin ruling. However, they still refuse to budge.

They say that " As the polices were sold on a non-advised basis we weren't required to confirm details of your personal circumstances or assess the suitability of the policies. The only requirement was to provide information".

They also claim that "the loans linked to your PPI fall outside the Plevin criteria, I need to let you know the rules do not apply".

I can't remember if I complained to the Ombudsman in 2012 and they cannot no access my file?

No sure if I have a leg to stand on now? Any ideas anybody please??
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 6th Oct 17, 6:13 PM
    • 13,677 Posts
    • 14,133 Thanks
    zx81
    • 6th Oct 17, 6:13 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 6:13 PM
    No. You needed to go to the Ombudsman a long time ago.

On a positive note, it doesn't sound as if you were mis sold in any case.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 6th Oct 17, 6:34 PM
    • 89,852 Posts
    • 55,455 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 6th Oct 17, 6:34 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 6:34 PM
    In 2012 they refused to uphold my complaint. I complained again this week under the Plevin ruling. However, they still refuse to budge.
    That is the correct outcome. Plevin does not change the outcome of your previous rejection.

They also claim that "the loans linked to your PPI fall outside the Plevin criteria, I need to let you know the rules do not apply".
    So, no issues there.

No sure if I have a leg to stand on now? Any ideas anybody please??
    Your complaint failed in 2012. So, it ended there.

Plevin does not reopen your complaint. It covers certain debts over certain periods and only requires them to refund commission in excess of 50%. So, if the commission is 50% of less, they dont have to refund anything.

You do not get access to the FOS. That window has long gone.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 6th Oct 17, 11:30 PM
    • 19,537 Posts
    • 9,638 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 6th Oct 17, 11:30 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 11:30 PM
    I complained to Nationwide about PPI sold on 3 loans between 2000 - 2004. In 2012 they refused to uphold my complaint. I complained again this week under the Plevin ruling. However, they still refuse to budge.
    Originally posted by Beakerb33
    Plevin is NOT a new opportunity to re-state your original mis-selling complaint; that boat sailed for you in 2012.

The reason you have been rejected now is that Plevin only applies to undisclosed commission attached to your PPI over 50%. Your PPI did not have 50% commission.

Forget about this now.

Your complaint actually failed five years ago and you no longer have any recourse.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,817Posts Today

7,319Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin