Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bobbyblu
    • By Bobbyblu 6th Oct 17, 6:07 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Bobbyblu
    Driving colleague's cars in work carpark
    • 6th Oct 17, 6:07 PM
    Driving colleague's cars in work carpark 6th Oct 17 at 6:07 PM
    Hi,
    I work for a company where parking is in very high demand. There are no other options of where to park other than public transport which is difficult as it's out in the sticks.
    We are expected to park up very tightly in front and beside each other and leave our keys in the office. We go out on our work vehicles for the day and all return at different hours which vary day to day. If we need to leave before others we have to move their cars in order to get to our own and likewise they move mine
    Work have now made it clear they are not responsible for any accidents or damage in the carpark etc so where do we stand legally. What happens if I damage someone's car when I move it. I'm only a named driver on my own car insurance so on days when I have to take the car where do I stand. It really doesn't sit right with me that we have to do this.
    Many thanks for any advice.
Page 3
    • loskie
    • By loskie 10th Oct 17, 6:48 AM
    • 1,159 Posts
    • 699 Thanks
    loskie
    Car share?
    • Mercdriver
    • By Mercdriver 10th Oct 17, 8:30 AM
    • 1,461 Posts
    • 997 Thanks
    Mercdriver
    In Singapore parking is in very short supply and one solution I was told about was to park without engaging the handbrake. People just pushed cars up or down to make needed room without the keys. Could this work for you and your colleagues?
    Originally posted by theoretica
    How well would this work with automatics? Mine won't switch off unless it is in Park.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

374Posts Today

1,649Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin