Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Florian Stephens
    • By Florian Stephens 6th Oct 17, 4:49 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Florian Stephens
    Canada Square Operations - Egg PPI rejection letter
    • 6th Oct 17, 4:49 PM
    Canada Square Operations - Egg PPI rejection letter 6th Oct 17 at 4:49 PM
    Hi All,
    I am new to this forum, but I have regularly looked at it for help and advice over the years so its time to join!
    I contacted Canada Square Operations about my old Egg card as I believed I had Card Payment Insurance on it. They wrote to me saying that stating they had carried out a full review and I never had such insurance on the card.
    Should I just leave it there?
    I don't have any of the old paperwork, but I do remember Egg being a bit illusive to deal with, not contacting me when I did not make the full payment and was charged a penalty several moths in a row. Only when I checked the account did I find this was going on.

Any advice from season members appreciated!

Florian
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 6th Oct 17, 6:27 PM
    • 13,677 Posts
    • 14,133 Thanks
    zx81
    • 6th Oct 17, 6:27 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 6:27 PM
    As you didn't have PPI, I would leave it there.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 6th Oct 17, 11:09 PM
    • 19,537 Posts
    • 9,638 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 6th Oct 17, 11:09 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 11:09 PM
    I don't have any of the old paperwork, but I do remember Egg being a bit illusive to deal with,
    Originally posted by Florian Stephens
    Distrust of the Bank won't magic up a PPI policy which you didn't have, I'm afraid.

However if you have reason to believe Canada Square are being somehow deceitful, you have the option to pay £10 for a Subject Access Request (SAR) which will legally force the bank to return all information they have kept on file for you.

If you do decide to go this route, be aware that it will very likely only confirm what you have been told already.
    • Florian Stephens
    • By Florian Stephens 12th Oct 17, 9:44 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Florian Stephens
    • 12th Oct 17, 9:44 AM
    • 12th Oct 17, 9:44 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I will certainly send a SAR. I find the letters you receive from complaints to banks give very little detail.
    • societys child
    • By societys child 12th Oct 17, 12:16 PM
    • 4,667 Posts
    • 5,037 Thanks
    societys child
    • 12th Oct 17, 12:16 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 12:16 PM
    Being "a bit illusive" doesn't mean you had ppi. If you paid ppi, it would be itemised on the monthly statement(s).

• Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 12th Oct 17, 2:11 PM
    • 19,537 Posts
    • 9,638 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 12th Oct 17, 2:11 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 2:11 PM
    I find the letters you receive from complaints to banks give very little detail.
    Originally posted by Florian Stephens
    The SAR will only provide any records they have actually kept. Do not expect detailed explanations of the documents they send, if any.

Your SAR could yield a whole box of documentation or a side of A4.

Do remember that they have already told you that they have found no evidence of PPI.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,358Posts Today

7,091Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin