Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • scrattyrat
    • By scrattyrat 6th Oct 17, 4:43 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 0Thanks
    scrattyrat
    0 WOW
    Money order or cashiers cheque in US dollars to send in post
    • 6th Oct 17, 4:43 PM
    0 WOW
    Money order or cashiers cheque in US dollars to send in post 6th Oct 17 at 4:43 PM
    Hi I need a Money order or cashiers cheque in US dollars to send in the post to pay a citation u received.

My bank (Lloyds) and the post office both say they do not do either of these in US dollars.

Does anyone know where i can get either in US dollars to send in the post please?

thanks
Page 1
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 6th Oct 17, 7:19 PM
    • 2,470 Posts
    • 2,541 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 6th Oct 17, 7:19 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 7:19 PM
    Hi I need a Money order or cashiers cheque in US dollars to send in the post to pay a citation u received.

My bank (Lloyds) and the post office both say they do not do either of these in US dollars.

Does anyone know where i can get either in US dollars to send in the post please?

thanks
    Originally posted by scrattyrat
    Is this in respect of a traffic ticket or something you received while in the US? Does the authority requesting payment realise that you are in the UK and that we don't actually use dollars?
    • z1a
    • By z1a 6th Oct 17, 7:23 PM
    • 684 Posts
    • 537 Thanks
    z1a
    • 6th Oct 17, 7:23 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 7:23 PM
    Is this in respect of a traffic ticket or something you received while in the US? Does the authority requesting payment realise that you are in the UK and that we don't actually use dollars?
    Originally posted by LadyDee
    They are probably trying to find which state the UK is in seeing as how they think the world outside US doesn't exist.
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 6th Oct 17, 8:39 PM
    • 2,470 Posts
    • 2,541 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:39 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:39 PM
    They are probably trying to find which state the UK is in seeing as how they think the world outside US doesn't exist.
    Originally posted by z1a
    Yes - I'm sure they are!
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 6th Oct 17, 8:55 PM
    • 30,098 Posts
    • 19,052 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:55 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:55 PM
    Is there not another way to pay eg online via card ?
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 6th Oct 17, 9:45 PM
    • 2,470 Posts
    • 2,541 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 6th Oct 17, 9:45 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 9:45 PM
    What do you think might happen if you don't pay it? How did they get your details and in what form did they communicate with you? Who is it that is requesting payment?
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 6th Oct 17, 10:57 PM
    • 24,081 Posts
    • 11,368 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 6th Oct 17, 10:57 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 10:57 PM

thanks
    They do but its called an international draft and will cost you £20.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • takman
    • By takman 8th Oct 17, 11:37 PM
    • 2,706 Posts
    • 2,249 Thanks
    takman
    • 8th Oct 17, 11:37 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 11:37 PM
    Thanks for the offer but I didn't receive a citation so you don't need to worry about paying it
    • steve1500
    • By steve1500 12th Oct 17, 1:28 PM
    • 947 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    steve1500
    • 12th Oct 17, 1:28 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 1:28 PM
    I got a few speeding tickets a few years back - nice souvenir
    Private Parking Tickets is my way of telling the wife to use her car and not mine
    • bap98189
    • By bap98189 12th Oct 17, 4:02 PM
    • 2,495 Posts
    • 4,088 Thanks
    bap98189
    Is there not another way to pay eg online via card ?
    Originally posted by DCFC79
    Probably not. The US is surprisingly backward when it comes to banking technology.
    • John259
    • By John259 12th Oct 17, 7:21 PM
    • 1,004 Posts
    • 598 Thanks
    John259
    Have you had a look at the relevant organisation's web site? There might be some information on there about being able to pay via PayPal or a similar scheme.
    "Such an enormous country, you realize when you cross it" - Jack Kerouac
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 12th Oct 17, 7:54 PM
    • 6,978 Posts
    • 8,592 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    Probably not. The US is surprisingly backward when it comes to banking technology.
    Originally posted by bap98189
    Just spent three weeks there and not seen a bank note.

Card accepted for everything.
    • Keep pedalling
    • By Keep pedalling 12th Oct 17, 8:11 PM
    • 3,749 Posts
    • 4,016 Thanks
    Keep pedalling
    Just spent three weeks there and not seen a bank note.

Card accepted for everything.
    Originally posted by PeacefulWaters
    You try getting a US company like Compuserve to pay share dividends any other way than a US dollar check (sic) and I imagine it's the same for government departments as well. Bank transfers seem to be non existent, and they still use vast numbers of checks.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

79Posts Today

2,592Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin