Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CG77
    • By CG77 6th Oct 17, 4:38 PM
    • 1,147Posts
    • 1,638Thanks
    CG77
    Any experts able to advise on statement issue please?
    • 6th Oct 17, 4:38 PM
    Any experts able to advise on statement issue please? 6th Oct 17 at 4:38 PM
    Afternoon all,

I am applying for a mortgage on my own. On my bank statements it will show an amount being transferred each month to my partnerís account from which he pays all the bills (rent, utilities etc etc). The mortgage broker said this will be ok and I should just make a note on the application that this is the case.

Will that be ok in your experience?

Thank you- itís all so nerve-wracking!
    New Year, New Me!!!

Weight loss mission 2012 has officially begun!!

Loss so far: 3 stone 4lbs
Page 1
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 6th Oct 17, 4:55 PM
    • 10,071 Posts
    • 3,926 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 6th Oct 17, 4:55 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 4:55 PM
    Why are you questioning your broker on basic stuff like this?

Relax, and let them do their job.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • McKneff
    • By McKneff 6th Oct 17, 5:00 PM
    • 35,710 Posts
    • 45,981 Thanks
    McKneff
    • 6th Oct 17, 5:00 PM
    Why transfer Your Morrgage payment to his account . If it is your mortgage why not just pay it directly to the mortgage people
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
    • CG77
    • By CG77 6th Oct 17, 5:00 PM
    • 1,147 Posts
    • 1,638 Thanks
    CG77
    Because to be honest, amnblog, I don’t have huge faith in the broker. They have given incorrect information already so far and I am worried further incorrect info or advice could really hamper my attempts. I can’t afford the time to change broker now and as this facility exists on here (and i’ve had excellent advice many times before!) I was just looking for some second opinions which I thought was one of the exact reasons for MSE.

As you say relax, as a broker do you agree that the advice here from mine is reasonable please?
    New Year, New Me!!!

• CG77
    • By CG77 6th Oct 17, 5:03 PM
    • 1,147 Posts
    • 1,638 Thanks
    CG77
    • 6th Oct 17, 5:03 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 5:03 PM
    Why transfer Your Morrgage payment to his account . If it is your mortgage why not just pay it directly to the mortgage people
    Originally posted by McKneff
    Itís rent payment currently, not a mortgage. Rent is in both names but I pay it and partner pays other things. It just makes sense to have all the payments coming from one place so we know what is left. Itís too late to change that now as itís been done for a while and the bank statements (from my current account) will need to be sent imminently.
    New Year, New Me!!!

• amnblog
    • By amnblog 6th Oct 17, 6:19 PM
    • 10,071 Posts
    • 3,926 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 6th Oct 17, 6:19 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 6:19 PM
    The advice here is correct.

Sorry to hear you have little faith in the person handling this for you.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • CG77
    • By CG77 6th Oct 17, 6:43 PM
    • 1,147 Posts
    • 1,638 Thanks
    CG77
    • 6th Oct 17, 6:43 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 6:43 PM
    Thank you very much amnblog. I was just concerned they might want to look at my partner’s account which wouldn’t be ideal (not due to anything to hide on there but due to the breakdown of the relationship)

It’s all so complicated and feels like such a mountain to climb after my past but all help is reassuring. Thank you
    Last edited by CG77; 06-10-2017 at 6:45 PM.
    New Year, New Me!!!

• PKaurK
    • By PKaurK 7th Oct 17, 6:41 AM
    • 52 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    PKaurK
    • 7th Oct 17, 6:41 AM
    • 7th Oct 17, 6:41 AM
    You don't have anything to worry about. Just explain what it is for. If you are no longer with your partner and he is not on the mortgage they won't ask for his bank statements.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,558Posts Today

8,409Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @mmhpi: REPORT PUBLISHED: We reveal how #regulators of essential services can level the playing field & better support consumers with #m?

• RT @mmhpi: "I have massive #anxiety about talking to strangers on the phone" - Regulators must improve the accessibility of essential serv?

• RT @itvMLshow: I know you may be sad that we have no more shows this year BUT you wont have to wait too long for our next LIVE SPECIAL whic?

• Follow Martin