Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stringz
    • By stringz 6th Oct 17, 4:07 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 1Thanks
    stringz
    Car written off in a accident with 3rd party
    • 6th Oct 17, 4:07 PM
    Car written off in a accident with 3rd party 6th Oct 17 at 4:07 PM
    Looking for some advice please.
    A third party hit my vehicle in an accident. My insurance says it's a write off and not worth repairing. I've had the car for 8 years and know all it's faults. They have valued my car at £900 but what can I buy for this without purchasing a vehicle that has a set of problems that I don't know about? For me, my very reliable Honda Jazz is worth far more than the £900 they are offering and what with all the inconvenience I feel I should be entitled to more.

I don't know what the right way to get what I feel what I'm entitled to. I'm not making false claims for injury to me or my daughter but want to make sure I can replace my vehicle with something of equal reliability.

Any advice would be much appreciated
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 6th Oct 17, 6:53 PM
    • 33,044 Posts
    • 17,003 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 6th Oct 17, 6:53 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 6:53 PM
    You are entitled to the pre incident market value (ie what it would cost to buy a like for like replacement)

Your insurance doesn't cover you for "inconvenience"!

If you have uninsured losses you can pursue the third party to reimburse you those.

You don't have to accept the offer if it isn't the market value - do some research and provide some proof it is unreasonable and ask them to up it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

147Posts Today

1,441Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @furyboy86: @MartinSLewis I read your email, and decided to check my account interest rates. My main account = 0.0%(!) and my cash ISA =?

• Yes. Theyre being paid. They're responsible. Especially for a scam that's been reported over 20 times andseen vulne? https://t.co/Q0pHZ7iH3W

• Quite right.Broken system as the six week delay forces the most vulnerable into debt at a crisis moment https://t.co/951fogq5ej

• Follow Martin