Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jimmay94
    • By jimmay94 6th Oct 17, 2:56 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jimmay94
    who is the cheapest payg data provider
    • 6th Oct 17, 2:56 PM
    who is the cheapest payg data provider 6th Oct 17 at 2:56 PM
    hey everyone.
    so i recently got a new phone and it is dual sim.
    my current payg provider is giffgaff and with family being on there too its worked out great on a £5 tarrif.
    i was thinking though rather than waste my other slot maybe i could put a data exclusive sim in there as my options allow me to set data only on sim 2
    so I was wondering Who is the best value for data on pay as you go?
    the cheaper and more data the better

thanks
    also is there any provider cheaper than gifgaff or are they as cheap as it gets?
Page 1
    • Frozen_up_north
    • By Frozen_up_north 6th Oct 17, 4:10 PM
    • 1,204 Posts
    • 562 Thanks
    Frozen_up_north
    • 6th Oct 17, 4:10 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 4:10 PM
    Three or 1p mobile (uses the EE network). Three are 3p/min, 2p/text and 1p/MB. 1p mobile are 1p, 1p and 1p respectively. https://www.1pmobile.com/

Many dual SIM phones only offer 2G on the second SIM slot, so might not be much use... Especially with the Three network which is 3G or 4G only (1p mobile can use 2G, but it's going to be very slow for data, if it works at all for data in the second slot).

Dual SIM phones are popular with visitors and ex-pats in places like Spain, they use a local SIM in one slot and a UK one in the other. Means their friends can call a number from their included minutes to keep in touch, avoiding a costly call to an "overseas" number.
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 7th Oct 17, 9:50 AM
    • 7,506 Posts
    • 5,404 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 7th Oct 17, 9:50 AM
    • 7th Oct 17, 9:50 AM
    Smarty might work out cheaper. It would depend on your exact usage. Certainly it gives your the option of adding more data during your bundle and at £1.25 per Gb it's very competitive. They operate on the Three network
    • Swipe
    • By Swipe 7th Oct 17, 2:36 PM
    • 2,211 Posts
    • 1,171 Thanks
    Swipe
    • 7th Oct 17, 2:36 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 2:36 PM
    Delight mobile £1 / month for 500MB or £3.50 for 2GB. MVNO on the EE network. Be aware that this is 3G data only and they will steal any remaining credit after 90 days but can't really complain for those rates.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

314Posts Today

3,846Users online

Martin's Twitter