Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Giddygid
    • By Giddygid 6th Oct 17, 2:06 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Giddygid
    Get Me In (Ticketmaster) Prices
    • 6th Oct 17, 2:06 PM
    Get Me In (Ticketmaster) Prices 6th Oct 17 at 2:06 PM
    I recently paid £237.77 for two tickets at an upcoming NFL match at Twickenham via the 'GetMeIn' website. The purchase confirmation stated the following:

Price Per Ticket £95.70
    Processing Fee £35.80
    Delivery Fee £10.57

Upon receipt of the tickets, they have a face value of £36.00 each, within the same block and row I paid for (on Mastercard).

Since the order confirmation specifically states the price per ticket, which is over 2.5x the face value, do I have grounds for some money back? I appreciate they want to make a return but I had assumed that this would be through the 'Processing Fee'.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Page 1
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 6th Oct 17, 2:36 PM
    • 1,867 Posts
    • 3,867 Thanks
    IAmWales
    • 6th Oct 17, 2:36 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 2:36 PM
    No, the price on the ticket is irrelevant, you agreed to contract at the higher price.

Did you not realise Get Me In sold tickets at a hefty premium?
    • SuperHan
    • By SuperHan 6th Oct 17, 3:19 PM
    • 1,994 Posts
    • 1,161 Thanks
    SuperHan
    • 6th Oct 17, 3:19 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 3:19 PM
    GetMeIn is a marketplace - it is essentially individuals selling to other individuals.

Someone had tickets that you wanted, and thought £95.70 was a fair price to sell them for. You thought it was a fair price to buy them for, and such is the contract.

If you had wanted to pay face value, you should have gone to Ticketmasters own website, which works as you mention whereby they make a profit on the processing fees etc.
    • George Michael
    • By George Michael 6th Oct 17, 3:49 PM
    • 2,897 Posts
    • 3,915 Thanks
    George Michael
    • 6th Oct 17, 3:49 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 3:49 PM
    Getmein show the face value of the tickets before you commit to the purchase.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

253Posts Today

1,262Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin