Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FarmerGilesUK
    • By FarmerGilesUK 6th Oct 17, 1:57 PM
    • 48Posts
    • 8Thanks
    FarmerGilesUK
    Third Party Suppliers
    • 6th Oct 17, 1:57 PM
    Third Party Suppliers 6th Oct 17 at 1:57 PM
    Hi all.

Just had a very frustrating conversation with 3 who are really pushing me to get my new contract AND phone with them (of course), trouble is they are too expensive.

Using a 3rd party supplier could save < c£10 a month. Are there any real (as opposed to scare stories) risks using a tp rather than direct with 3?

I'm talking about mobilesphonesdirect, buymobiles etc.

Any definitely to be avoided?

Regards
Page 1
    • Inner Zone
    • By Inner Zone 6th Oct 17, 2:43 PM
    • 1,832 Posts
    • 1,001 Thanks
    Inner Zone
    • 6th Oct 17, 2:43 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 2:43 PM
    Several issues, firstly cashback is not guaranteed and you have to be carful to submit your claims within their strict time scales, at the end of the contract usually one year the price goes up effectively as the cashback will stop.
    • FarmerGilesUK
    • By FarmerGilesUK 6th Oct 17, 2:59 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    FarmerGilesUK
    • 6th Oct 17, 2:59 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 2:59 PM
    There's no cashback on the deals I'm looking at, just a straight £33pcm, no upfront cost for the phone either. I'm aware that the contract cost will go up on its anniversary in line with RPI.

Regards
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 6th Oct 17, 6:21 PM
    • 7,434 Posts
    • 2,318 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    • 6th Oct 17, 6:21 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 6:21 PM
    In over 10 years I've had scores of contracts and ordered several times more for others. I've only ever ordered one (free) sim only deal from a network plus a few PAYG totally free sims. 99% of mine are via dealers and on cashback. Once you've ordered (for non-cashback deals) your contract is with the network, not the dealer (except on rare ocassions where people have terminated early and certain dealers try to charge something for the phone). Third part deals are almost always cheaper - much more so when using cashback contracts (the cashback elements are with the dealer and not the network).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

449Posts Today

4,725Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @WhiskyOneIce: @MartinSLewis Changed my fuel from Britush Gas to Sainsburies yesterday via MSE site and saved £230 odd PA...Thanks ????????

• RT @rbp77: @MartinSLewis Interesting that Facebook facial recognition tech can't be put to use in recognising misuse of people's image in i?

• And yesterday Facebook put a quote out saying all the SCAM adverts with me in had been dealt with. Balderdash!? https://t.co/OrvsWKIJfJ

• Follow Martin