Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Abiedoz600
    • By Abiedoz600 6th Oct 17, 1:36 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Abiedoz600
    Final letter before debt recovery or court
    • 6th Oct 17, 1:36 PM
    Final letter before debt recovery or court 6th Oct 17 at 1:36 PM
    I have recently come across this site and have been reading the excellent advice in the newbies thread, unfortunately it seems I have read it a bit too late!

I got a parking ticket in may 2017, I paid to park but my ticket fell on the floor of the car. I really thought that all I would have to do was prove I paid and that would be the end of it. I have already admitted I was driving and the keeper of the car. I appealed to the company and have appealed to IAS. Both were rejected.

I have today received a letter with 14 days to pay the full charge of £100 or it will go to either debt recovery or court. The letter states that if it goes to court I may have to pay the £100 fine plus solicitors fees (gladstones) £50 plus issue fee £25 plus hearing fee £25.

I understand I need to write back to them now but was hoping for some advice on my defence as I have already admitted I was driving and the keeper. I have the ticket I purchased to park on the day but as I was on holiday I have no pictures of the signs etc.

Really hope someone can help or point me in the right direction?

Many thanks
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 6th Oct 17, 1:54 PM
    • 33,044 Posts
    • 17,004 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 6th Oct 17, 1:54 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 1:54 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now to understand the game you are caught up in

It's too late for further correspondence, so ignore everything except a LBCCA or court correspondence - all covered in the FAQ
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 6th Oct 17, 2:11 PM
    • 7,163 Posts
    • 6,206 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 6th Oct 17, 2:11 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 2:11 PM
    I really thought that all I would have to do was prove I paid and that would be the end of it.

It should be, but they think that you breached a contract and they want £100.

Luckily, judges recognize this scam and tend to find for the motorist, and when that happens the motorist can go after the PPC for offences under the DPA. As quentin says, it is a game, and if you know the rules you have a better than even chance of winning, even when they cheat.
    Last edited by The Deep; 06-10-2017 at 2:14 PM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 6th Oct 17, 2:58 PM
    • 16,072 Posts
    • 20,104 Thanks
    Redx
    • 6th Oct 17, 2:58 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 2:58 PM
    you said you have read the newbies thread, so you have read the following 5 posts

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 and #9

post #4 deals with DCA letters (IGNORE dca latters)

post #2 deals with LBC letters and court claims

post #2 was updated this week to include new rebuttal letters about LBC letters

so I am not sure what you are asking members to do ?

nobody here will write the letter for you , they will do as I do and point you BACK to that NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread, which has all the info you require

so for DCA letters - IGNORE

for LBC letters , rebut them using replies as seen in that newbies thread

for any MCOL from Northampton, follow the small claims court advice in post #2 of that thread

capiche ?

ps:- keep that paid for ticket safe and take pictures or scans of it , to be used in any court case
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,239Posts Today

7,548Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin