Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kitkat5000
    • By kitkat5000 6th Oct 17, 12:47 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    kitkat5000
    Who Do I Make A Complaint Against
    • 6th Oct 17, 12:47 PM
    Who Do I Make A Complaint Against 6th Oct 17 at 12:47 PM
    Hello am not sure I'm posting this in the right area hence my question of I need to make a complaint against. Basically earlier this year I borrowed my granddads car to go to work not realizing I wasn't insured to drive it long story short got pulled over and received a fine and points. Thats not my issue I know I was in the wrong and I broke the law, I paid the fine immediately online and sent my license away and everything's done and dusted. However a month or so later I receive a court summons regarding the case, after a big chase around trying to find out who I need to contact about it I finally get on the phone to the fixed penalty office. They check into it and say yes they received the fine, the points were given and it seems it was just a miscommunication. I later receive a letter saying my summons has been withdrawn due to information received, yay. Today I receive a letter saying I've been summoned to court to discuss my license being disqualified, after calling them I've been told to email them evidence of this problem and I have done so and am waiting on a reply.
    Now my point is I'm furious, upset, scared and I want to make a complaint. They've caused me so much stress and worry and they've made so many mistakes, but my question is I don't know who to make the complaint about/to. Is it the courts, DVLA, penalty office, the police?! I'm not sure but I want to know who I make this complaint to and how I go about it.

Please and thanks.
Page 2
    • facade
    • By facade 6th Oct 17, 6:26 PM
    • 2,865 Posts
    • 1,457 Thanks
    facade
    But you're not disqualified.
    Originally posted by Warwick Hunt
    Yes, I should have added this.

A court disqualifies you, and it is instant- you cannot even drive home.

The DVLA will automatically revoke your licence under the new driver's rules, when you pass 5 points in the probationary 2 years, and you can merrily drive until they write and tell you that it is revoked (and even then there is a 5 day notice period).
    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

(except air quality and Medical Science )
    • GothicStirling
    • By GothicStirling 6th Oct 17, 6:36 PM
    • 953 Posts
    • 703 Thanks
    GothicStirling
    My Niece lost her license after being caught driving her partner's car, he was insured under a business policy, but she didn't realise she wasn't named on it too. Clean license up to that point too.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,544Posts Today

9,339Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin