Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Moneysaver2507
    • By Moneysaver2507 6th Oct 17, 11:20 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Moneysaver2507
    Pcn driver notice
    • 6th Oct 17, 11:20 AM
    Pcn driver notice 6th Oct 17 at 11:20 AM
    Morning,

I'm looking for some guidance please. First of all, I have already emailed NCP asking for details of how long I parked so have inadvertently told them I was the driver. Unfortunately I did that before coming on here 😕.

Basically, my car was hit by another driver and went in to the garage for repair. They gave me a courtesy car to use whilst mine was being fixed.

I parked the courtesy car in an ncp car park (I didn't realise it was anpr monitored) and paid for 3 hours parking. I was logged going in the car park at 10:20 and left at 13:41. The parking charge notice was sent to the garage who filled it in with my personal details and forwarded it back to NCP, they also sent a copy to me. This was on 8th September.

I was planning to appeal the notice but I have been waiting for a letter from NCP directly before doing so, I have never received anything. Unfortunately I did email NCP asking what times I paid for from and to. They only responded yesterday stating that I entered the car park 7 minutes before I bought the ticket and left the car park 14 minutes after the ticket expired. I had injured my shoulder in the accident and had two children, shopping and a pram to get in the car, and make my way to the exit, I don't think 14 minutes is excessive for that.

Any advice is greatly appreciated please 😊
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Oct 17, 1:21 AM
    • 50,660 Posts
    • 64,058 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th Oct 17, 1:21 AM
    • 16th Oct 17, 1:21 AM
    Wait for the NTK unless the windscreen PCN is less than 28 days ago.

See the newbies thread, you should be appealing as KEEPER on day 26, online.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• claxtome
    • By claxtome 16th Oct 17, 3:23 AM
    • 222 Posts
    • 202 Thanks
    claxtome
    • 16th Oct 17, 3:23 AM
    • 16th Oct 17, 3:23 AM
    Whilst you are waiting I suggest you read up on grace periods under BPA Code of Practice (NCP are BPA members) which maybe a key argument in your case.
    • Moneysaver2507
    • By Moneysaver2507 18th Oct 17, 2:44 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Moneysaver2507
    • 18th Oct 17, 2:44 PM
    • 18th Oct 17, 2:44 PM
    Thanks for replying. The notice to keeper went to the garage, who kindly forwarded my personal details to ncp. I've been waiting for a notice to driver, as it was an anpr that picked it up. Am I wrong that I should get corrrespondence directly from ncp? Thanks again
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

515Posts Today

4,455Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin