Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • britishboy
    • By britishboy 6th Oct 17, 10:42 AM
    • 2,346Posts
    • 261Thanks
    britishboy
    New O2 sim 'not registered on network'
    • 6th Oct 17, 10:42 AM
    New O2 sim 'not registered on network' 6th Oct 17 at 10:42 AM
    hi all
    ive bought a second hand Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT as a cheap phone for a months travelling thailand, popped in a new O2 SIM to fire it up before I go and i get the above error message, any ideas please?
    Phone was from eBay and said it was unlocked

I cant even call 4444 to top up the PAYG SIM I got online from the phone
    Last edited by britishboy; 06-10-2017 at 10:48 AM.
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 6th Oct 17, 11:56 AM
    • 9,747 Posts
    • 4,004 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 6th Oct 17, 11:56 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 11:56 AM
    Check IMEI is correct first .
    • sdduk
    • By sdduk 6th Oct 17, 12:56 PM
    • 1,042 Posts
    • 279 Thanks
    sdduk
    • 6th Oct 17, 12:56 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 12:56 PM
    Have you tried another sim card in it?
    If you have and its still not working may be the phone is block by a phone network Normally lost or stolen if blocked.
    Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect
    • d123
    • By d123 6th Oct 17, 8:13 PM
    • 6,615 Posts
    • 4,238 Thanks
    d123
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:13 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:13 PM
    hi all
    ive bought a second hand Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT as a cheap phone for a months travelling thailand, popped in a new O2 SIM to fire it up before I go and i get the above error message, any ideas please?
    Phone was from eBay and said it was unlocked

I cant even call 4444 to top up the PAYG SIM I got online from the phone
    Originally posted by britishboy
    Does the sim work in another phone? If so, odds are the phone is blocked for lost or stolen.

You can buy a Checkmend report direct for £1.99 or on eBay from £1.22 to check the status by IMEI.
    Last edited by d123; 06-10-2017 at 8:19 PM.
    ====
    • britishboy
    • By britishboy 8th Oct 17, 4:30 PM
    • 2,346 Posts
    • 261 Thanks
    britishboy
    • 8th Oct 17, 4:30 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 4:30 PM
    Thanks all, sorted now. Just took O2 a while to activate the SIM, that evening it sprung into life.

The phone was from Music Magpie seller and is unlocked to all networks, ive bought it for an upcoming trip to Thailand, so hoping it will work over there with a Thai SIM (much cheaper for data allowance than my Vodafone WorldTraveller @ £5 a day)

Thanks again
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,874Posts Today

6,035Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin