Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ceewash
    • By ceewash 6th Oct 17, 9:56 AM
    • 893Posts
    • 164Thanks
    ceewash
    0 WOW
    Flights to China very soon.
    • 6th Oct 17, 9:56 AM
    0 WOW
    Flights to China very soon. 6th Oct 17 at 9:56 AM
    Hi. Help needed. Flights Manchester to Beijing needed for Sunday or Monday. Anything less than £1000 is up for consideration. Max 2 stops. Really struggling to find anything. Itís one way. Will consider other uk airports. Thanks for any help.
Page 1
    • richardw
    • By richardw 6th Oct 17, 10:05 AM
    • 18,349 Posts
    • 7,590 Thanks
    richardw
    • 6th Oct 17, 10:05 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 10:05 AM
    Tuesday is cheaper.

Btw If your reason for travel is 'compassionate', I hope it isn't, a compassionate fare may work.
    Last edited by richardw; 06-10-2017 at 10:08 AM.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 6th Oct 17, 10:11 AM
    • 7,295 Posts
    • 9,037 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 6th Oct 17, 10:11 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 10:11 AM
    Is there any potential return date? £1,400ish for both single and return direct.

Ethiad and Qatar, one change, coming in at around £1,150 single.
    • richardw
    • By richardw 6th Oct 17, 10:18 AM
    • 18,349 Posts
    • 7,590 Thanks
    richardw
    • 6th Oct 17, 10:18 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 10:18 AM
    Give Trailfinders a call and see if they have any flight+hotel deals on one of the Middle East airlines, or Singapore airlines or Cathay Pacific, with one night in a hotel.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 6th Oct 17, 10:45 AM
    • 10,864 Posts
    • 7,093 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 6th Oct 17, 10:45 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 10:45 AM
    Probably heading to Heathrow and getting a flight from there will be advantageous for cost...a number of one-way options under £500
    • heatherw_01
    • By heatherw_01 6th Oct 17, 11:45 AM
    • 4,945 Posts
    • 3,579 Thanks
    heatherw_01
    • 6th Oct 17, 11:45 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 11:45 AM
    Did you have a look at skyscanner?
    I'm the Board Guide on Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • ceewash
    • By ceewash 6th Oct 17, 12:50 PM
    • 893 Posts
    • 164 Thanks
    ceewash
    • 6th Oct 17, 12:50 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 12:50 PM
    Thanks to you all. Managed to get a flight Monday night with 2 stops on way. £805 Just waiting confirmation. Fingers crossed.
    • richardw
    • By richardw 6th Oct 17, 3:12 PM
    • 18,349 Posts
    • 7,590 Thanks
    richardw
    • 6th Oct 17, 3:12 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 3:12 PM
    Hope it isn't a 'the price has changed' agent.
    • ceewash
    • By ceewash 6th Oct 17, 3:29 PM
    • 893 Posts
    • 164 Thanks
    ceewash
    • 6th Oct 17, 3:29 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 3:29 PM
    Hope it isn't a 'the price has changed' agent.
    Originally posted by richardw
    Me too! Can they do that once they have taken your card details? They said we should hear in about 4 hours, which is about now. Will let you know.
    • AlSto
    • By AlSto 6th Oct 17, 3:29 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    AlSto
    Thanks to you all. Managed to get a flight Monday night with 2 stops on way. £805 Just waiting confirmation. Fingers crossed.
    Originally posted by ceewash
    Cheapest is Azerbaijan Airlines from Paris on Sunday 12hr 55min with one stop. £555 one way. £730 return.

But a somewhat tight connection from MAN to CDG.
    • ceewash
    • By ceewash 6th Oct 17, 3:49 PM
    • 893 Posts
    • 164 Thanks
    ceewash
    Probably heading to Heathrow and getting a flight from there will be advantageous for cost...a number of one-way options under £500
    Originally posted by Caz3121
    I can't find any under £500
    • AlSto
    • By AlSto 6th Oct 17, 4:23 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    AlSto
    That's because they don't exist, unless you ignore the two stop rule and travel for two days.

Cheapest return flights are from Stockholm on Monday for £516. Getting to STO is another matter .

Cheapest viable return flights are from BRU on Monday £608, but with a long stopover(8 hours) in Moscow.
    • ceewash
    • By ceewash 6th Oct 17, 4:37 PM
    • 893 Posts
    • 164 Thanks
    ceewash
    Phew. Just received e ticket and confirmation. The company was Kiwi.com. It's taken all day and 2 phone calls but tickets are here. Was v worried they were going to hike up prices, but they didn't. people on phones were v helpful. Thanks to all of you who replied. It's for my son. he's got a bit of a trek, 2 stops and a tight change over in Abu Dhabi but at least the whole journey is only just over 24 hrs.
    • AlSto
    • By AlSto 6th Oct 17, 4:48 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    AlSto
    If you REALLY want one way;

• AlSto
    • By AlSto 6th Oct 17, 4:58 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    AlSto
    Phew. Just received e ticket and confirmation. The company was Kiwi.com. It's taken all day and 2 phone calls but tickets are here. Was v worried they were going to hike up prices, but they didn't. people on phones were v helpful. Thanks to all of you who replied. It's for my son. he's got a bit of a trek, 2 stops and a tight change over in Abu Dhabi but at least the whole journey is only just over 24 hrs.
    A pity I didn't see the thread earlier. Especially as exactly the same combo above, is available from the 8th too, for £5 less. £705 in total and only around sixteen hours of flight time including the single stopover.
    • AlSto
    • By AlSto 6th Oct 17, 6:53 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    AlSto
    If you REALLY want one way;

Originally posted by AlSto
    It's odd that the travel agents didn't pick up on this combo, as it is Turkish Airlines metal all the way and ample time for the stopover.
    • AlSto
    • By AlSto 6th Oct 17, 7:12 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    AlSto
    Seems their system doesn't work; http://uk.businessinsider.com/skypicker-czech-startup-that-finds-hidden-cheap-flights-2015-5

Skypicker is now Kiwi.com
    • heatherw_01
    • By heatherw_01 7th Oct 17, 10:50 AM
    • 4,945 Posts
    • 3,579 Thanks
    heatherw_01
    Glad you got it sorted!
    I'm the Board Guide on Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 7th Oct 17, 11:02 AM
    • 10,864 Posts
    • 7,093 Thanks
    Caz3121
    Make sure your son reads up on the kiwi.com guarantee. I believe kiwi are the only agent that cobbles together separate tickets meaning there is no protection from the airline for missed connections so, in the worst case, he will need to contact kiwi to get them to try and sort another flight
    • ceewash
    • By ceewash 7th Oct 17, 11:09 AM
    • 893 Posts
    • 164 Thanks
    ceewash
    The first layover is hour and half. The 2 journeys are both Etihad but it says you need to pick up luggage. Is that possible in the time? Is it possible to ask at check in at manchester to send luggage through seeing as they are both same airline.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

268Posts Today

1,536Users online

Martin's Twitter