Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 6th Oct 17, 8:32 AM
    • 7,405Posts
    • 13,598Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Sainsburys - Swipe n Win - Nectar card point boost 6th-8th Oct
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:32 AM
    Sainsburys - Swipe n Win - Nectar card point boost 6th-8th Oct 6th Oct 17 at 8:32 AM
    A friend who works for Sainsburys mentioned this. Excludes Sainsburys Locals.

Min spend £10. Excludes spirits, tobacco, lottery, gift cards, postage stamps and other things you don't get Nectar points for. Full terms here.

Everyone gets a coupon between 200-5000 points. This is the 3rd or 4th time of Sainsburys have done this and most of the time, I got 1000 points (£5).

A small tip - if you do a large shop, which includes £10 on clothing, entertainment, homeware etc then buy that separately.
Page 1
    • Munchkim
    • By Munchkim 6th Oct 17, 3:28 PM
    • 5,384 Posts
    • 67,808 Thanks
    Munchkim
    • 6th Oct 17, 3:28 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 3:28 PM
    We divide our whole shop up into £10 bundles, as long as they're all things you can normally get points on you get a win till spit. It'd probably be annoying to everyone doing this when they're busy but we always go when the shop's quiet so no-one moans.

Last time we made about £50 (10,000 points) over all the shops we did so it was worth it for us
    Just become FTBs Aiming to be mortgage free by 2034

Thank you to all who post on the comps/freebies forums
    you've helped us save our deposit
    • LuxuryWoman
    • By LuxuryWoman 6th Oct 17, 4:15 PM
    • 91 Posts
    • 87 Thanks
    LuxuryWoman
    • 6th Oct 17, 4:15 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 4:15 PM
    Did this today over 4 transactions - nearly £40 in extra points. The checkout lady quite stroppy about my separate transactions and eyerolling but I was very efficient, paid quickly, had everything on the conveyer belt divided clearly and remained friendly and polite. Still, that's a lot of points towards my Christmas shop
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 6th Oct 17, 6:20 PM
    • 7,405 Posts
    • 13,598 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    • 6th Oct 17, 6:20 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 6:20 PM
    I bought three transactions. Used different cards on two and cash with the other. Got 2x1000 and 1x500. Got my eyes on some DVDs

Warning - you can't scan your coupons on self scans if they are 1000 points or more. Even the assistant can't authorize this, unlike money off coupons

Use a manned till. Sometimes a supervisor just puts on the points in, if you ask nicely
    Last edited by ScarletMarble; 06-10-2017 at 6:22 PM.
    • LuxuryWoman
    • By LuxuryWoman 6th Oct 17, 8:16 PM
    • 91 Posts
    • 87 Thanks
    LuxuryWoman
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:16 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:16 PM
    I will add that this fantastic event is very low-key when it comes to being advertised, today I saw a lot of people not even glancing at their coupon, I found an abandoned one for 1000 points in a trolley and even the cashiers don't know the full rules. every year since this has been going I've been told to go to customer service to have points added - this isn't true they can be added by the cashier, mine told me today my last transaction win had to go to customer service, but I asked her to try scanning it and after much huffing she agreed and it was fine (as I knew it would be) they have tiny posters at the shop entry so lots of people aren't aware they could be gaining £££ in points. Check your till spits and split your shopping!
    You don't need to use different payment methods either - it;'s all linked to your nectar card
    Last edited by LuxuryWoman; 06-10-2017 at 8:19 PM.
    • Mishomeister
    • By Mishomeister 6th Oct 17, 8:40 PM
    • 733 Posts
    • 186 Thanks
    Mishomeister
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:40 PM
    Free Nectar points for 3 days only. Win up to 5000 points!
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:40 PM
    There is a hot deal from Sainsburys

Nectar swipe and win

To take part in Swipe and Win simply spend £10 or more and swipe your Nectar card in store, online or on petrol between 6-8 October and youíre guaranteed to receive a coupon worth from 200 to 5000 Nectar points (thatís up to £25). Plus, thereís no limit to the amount of times you can take part.

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/gb/groceries/get-ideas/features/our-brand-features/nectar-swipe-and-win?langId=44&storeId=10151&krypto=bwi16l6jT5rrAPN Fe%2F%2BlY7cXcjZzaQTSuCI%2F7bfOyZ%2FddhnKZUWYDI4oe eH%2F3HfGpsRinStj%2BkUfgubI0I4B1PzZLKmVttrp%2F18s3 FeHz89qm1d1yUiDd48trmqYjbuN8IOJIDeE6esb9rjrS36OUG8 mbYYm2ovObOhq5dvK7PhT4RVxqbwNeWNR2DcY4PWFWtQl83Poj Ywi%2FKiVwaTicCaMNDm5VV8019phXk%2FqGN73Bf2UDM43hHL gqhFySqwrBl38jivGhmNv%2BBBNqTHyQA%3D%3D&ddkey=http s%3Agb%2Fgroceries%2Fget-ideas%2Ffeatures%2Four-brand-features%2Fnectar-swipe-and-win
    • redagila
    • By redagila 7th Oct 17, 1:03 PM
    • 4,574 Posts
    • 14,797 Thanks
    redagila
    • 7th Oct 17, 1:03 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 1:03 PM
    Just spent £10 & received 2000 points - delighted.
    • Munchkim
    • By Munchkim 7th Oct 17, 1:53 PM
    • 5,384 Posts
    • 67,808 Thanks
    Munchkim
    • 7th Oct 17, 1:53 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 1:53 PM
    We did ours early this morning and OH even split the petrol up into £10 amounts as well. We ended up with a total of 10,100 points as we got one of the 5,000 points on one shop. Very happy with this today

• LuxuryWoman
    • By LuxuryWoman 7th Oct 17, 5:35 PM
    • 91 Posts
    • 87 Thanks
    LuxuryWoman
    • 7th Oct 17, 5:35 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 5:35 PM
    That's so great and I hear a double up point event is coming on 12th November. I thought they had cancelled these so will keep a sharp eye out and make those bonus points work as hard as possible!
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 7th Oct 17, 8:19 PM
    • 7,405 Posts
    • 13,598 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Got 3,500 points over four shops.

The cashier that authorised my alcohol purchase said yesterday she was serving a customer and got 5000 points. He said he wasn't interested and despite explaining that it's £25 and just need to buy one item before 22/10.

What planet is this customer on? Wish he spent £9.95!
    • Munchkim
    • By Munchkim 8th Oct 17, 1:26 PM
    • 5,384 Posts
    • 67,808 Thanks
    Munchkim
    When we got our 5000 points the cashier had just finished telling us that she'd seen 1 big win earlier but most were low value that she was giving out. We also got a 500 and 1000 off her so she was our lucky cashier!

Great news about a double up coming, we were hoping one would but was going to use the points for a free Christmas if it didn't!

• rosieogrady8
    • By rosieogrady8 8th Oct 17, 1:59 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rosieogrady8
    Just spent £30 over three transactions and got 400 points. One shop I didn't get any printout. Maybe the machine was not working but I had to leave as my child was getting stressy. Wish I hadn't bothered at all.
    • Lilaclion
    • By Lilaclion 8th Oct 17, 4:51 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 344 Thanks
    Lilaclion
    Love this deal - We've just come back from doing a £90 shop and gained over £70 in points (Two lots of 5000 wins and a few 1000's). We hadn't cottoned on in previous promotions. Can't wait for the next time they run this. Our cashier was a young lad, he was enjoying seeing how much we won too.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 8th Oct 17, 9:22 PM
    • 7,405 Posts
    • 13,598 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Just spent £30 over three transactions and got 400 points. One shop I didn't get any printout. Maybe the machine was not working but I had to leave as my child was getting stressy. Wish I hadn't bothered at all.
    Originally posted by rosieogrady8
    Was there any spirits or baby formula milk in the third transaction? Don't count towards the £10
    • caroc
    • By caroc 8th Oct 17, 9:27 PM
    • 897 Posts
    • 3,104 Thanks
    caroc
    Originally posted by rosieogrady8
    Hi
    I did several shops yesterday and on one shop the coupon didn't come out. The lad opened the machine and the paper was all bunched up and inky.
    I rang nectar today, they can track your purchase via the nectar card and see that you did not redeem a coupon. They are going to credit me with some points on 23/10/17. Don't know how many yet. I did 7 shops, 2 fuel, 2 pairs pyjamas and £30 groceries. I only got 5 x 200 and a 1000, but it was good fun hoping !
    Virtually allcohol free since 4/1/15.(2 drinks)
    "Not drinking at a party is like having a hangover in reverse. You feel really miserable the night before and really good the next morning "
    • joeblags
    • By joeblags 9th Oct 17, 11:17 AM
    • 150 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    joeblags
    added a nice bouns to this months nectar points

• boliston
    • By boliston 9th Oct 17, 9:36 PM
    • 2,450 Posts
    • 2,013 Thanks
    boliston
    i got a 2000 point swipe and win voucher on saturday and got it added to my nectar balance on sunday by buying one small item separately before doing my main shop of about 15 pounds. I redeemed the points which meant my shop only cost me about 5 instead of 15 pounds but today I did another small shop at sainsburys and noticed my nectar balance was NEGATIVE by almost 2000 points - my online nectar accounts shows the 2000 redeemed points but it does not show the 2000 earnt points - very odd and rather annoying.
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 10th Oct 17, 8:44 AM
    • 7,405 Posts
    • 13,598 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    i got a 2000 point swipe and win voucher on saturday and got it added to my nectar balance on sunday by buying one small item separately before doing my main shop of about 15 pounds. I redeemed the points which meant my shop only cost me about 5 instead of 15 pounds but today I did another small shop at sainsburys and noticed my nectar balance was NEGATIVE by almost 2000 points - my online nectar accounts shows the 2000 redeemed points but it does not show the 2000 earnt points - very odd and rather annoying.
    Originally posted by boliston
    I think it's a problem with Nectar's systems or it can take up to 10 days for the points to be credited
    • caroc
    • By caroc 2nd Nov 17, 3:53 PM
    • 897 Posts
    • 3,104 Thanks
    caroc
    Hi
    I did several shops yesterday and on one shop the coupon didn't come out. The lad opened the machine and the paper was all bunched up and inky.
    I rang nectar today, they can track your purchase via the nectar card and see that you did not redeem a coupon. They are going to credit me with some points on 23/10/17. Don't know how many yet. I did 7 shops, 2 fuel, 2 pairs pyjamas and £30 groceries. I only got 5 x 200 and a 1000, but it was good fun hoping !
    Originally posted by caroc
    *UPDATE*
    I was credited with another 1000 points.
    Virtually allcohol free since 4/1/15.(2 drinks)
    "Not drinking at a party is like having a hangover in reverse. You feel really miserable the night before and really good the next morning "
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

368Posts Today

1,850Users online

Martin's Twitter