Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dalglish
    • By Dalglish 6th Oct 17, 8:00 AM
    • 157Posts
    • 19Thanks
    Dalglish
    Virgin media landline broken again
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:00 AM
    Virgin media landline broken again 6th Oct 17 at 8:00 AM
    For the 2nd time in six months, Iíve been without a landline for almost five days. VM confirm there is a fault on my phone line most likely external to my house. Last
    time it was a Ďloose connection at the exchangeíhis is not only super inconvenient but as Iím relying on the phone for my work itís causing great annoyance.
    Has anyone else experienced similar?
    Iíve been a customer for 15 years and wondered are there better solutions? I have a full tv broadband and phone package - Medium package I think.
    Many thanks!
Page 1
    • qsk
    • By qsk 6th Oct 17, 10:50 AM
    • 246 Posts
    • 132 Thanks
    qsk
    • 6th Oct 17, 10:50 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 10:50 AM
    My phone line also had some issues a couple of months ago. Outgoing stops working first (no dial tone) followed by incoming. The engineer could not find any issue. In the end, he replaced some cables closing to the exchange and it fixed the issue. So he suggested that it might be the cable going corrupted... My lines are also 15 years old.
    • iniltous
    • By iniltous 6th Oct 17, 11:27 AM
    • 1,427 Posts
    • 505 Thanks
    iniltous
    • 6th Oct 17, 11:27 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 11:27 AM
    I suppose you could consider using a different company for your services, you would need a 'new' line installing for the phone and broadband ( TV could be satellite or Internet/freeview )..only VM can use VM's infrastructure , so if you do decide to use someone else it would be over Openreach's infrastructure, and you should be able to port the phone number from VM to whoever you chose
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 6th Oct 17, 11:55 AM
    • 9,972 Posts
    • 4,110 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 6th Oct 17, 11:55 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 11:55 AM
    >>Iím relying on the phone for my work itís causing great annoyance.>>
    A business contract with service level agreements would be better .
    • Buzby
    • By Buzby 12th Oct 17, 11:31 AM
    • 8,133 Posts
    • 2,980 Thanks
    Buzby
    • 12th Oct 17, 11:31 AM
    • 12th Oct 17, 11:31 AM
    Similar situation - VM came and replaced the drop wire and all was fine. Any other way involves Openreach and their infrastructure is much older, so probably not any better. Make sure you ask VM for a credit for the period the line was failing.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,902Posts Today

8,612Users online

Martin's Twitter