Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nmlc
    • By nmlc 6th Oct 17, 6:18 AM
    • 2,836Posts
    • 38,296Thanks
    nmlc
    O/S Daily Friday 6 October 2017
    • 6th Oct 17, 6:18 AM
    O/S Daily Friday 6 October 2017 6th Oct 17 at 6:18 AM
    O/S Daily Friday 6 October 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that need/want one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Still dark but at last blustery weather seems to have gone away, forecast is for a decent day today, so will be getting the washing pegged out on the line, it's ready in the basket, as tomorrow looks yukky.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Dinner last night was HM chicken, bacon and mushroom pie, mash, peas and gravy, tonight will be something easy to shove on a tray in the oven, probably chicken and bacon kievs, chips, beans/veg for the menfolk, I'll probably have mushroom omelette and salad or stir fry veg.

Due to going to training for work yesterday I didn't get as much done as I would have liked, so I'll be trying to catch up today - I'll be heading to the SM first thing. I need to get the ironing done also, as I prefer to not have too much to do on a Saturday.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    Last edited by nmlc; 06-10-2017 at 6:28 AM.
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
Page 2
    • elona
    • By elona 6th Oct 17, 3:41 PM
    • 11,192 Posts
    • 59,283 Thanks
    elona
    Snoozer

I think they might worry that I was not up to doing things for myself
    while the situation is that I would rather spend time cooking and sorting things out ready to enjoy their company without being already tired out by hoovering, polishing and changing three double beds.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 6th Oct 17, 3:43 PM
    • 344 Posts
    • 4,136 Thanks
    nannywindow
    Afternoon all
    Just got back from bday/xmas present shopping for DGC and bought.... nothing, nada zilch ! Mr Fix It persuaded me to go to the out of town toyshop, because it's bigger and the things I wanted were " bound to be on the shelves ". No they weren't, not one ! Should have stuck to my guns and ordered them from local Ar*os . So will order to pick up on Monday now.
    Called in at Tes*o for some bread, milk and fruit on the way home. Oh and got some Halloween glow in the dark maggots and flies, as you do .
    Anyway, I managed to put the bedding back out on the whirly this morning to finish drying and have now brought it in, ready to put away. I have also filled the DW and set that in motion.
    HollyH sorry about the fridge/freezer. Isn't it always the way things start to break down, one after the other.
    Specky and you're some kind of Grandson. I hope my DGS grows up to be as thoughtful and kind as you.
    TA Please imagine me standing shoulder to shoulder with you and holding your hand, any time you need support.
    Nelski glad that you enjoyed your time in London ( and the few G+T's )
    Snoozer enjoy your new car !
    Elona Mum's the word re the cleaner.
    Well enough waffling, must get another coffee as all this shopping (not) has made me thirsty .
    Hugs to all
    • RosyRed
    • By RosyRed 6th Oct 17, 3:51 PM
    • 1,659 Posts
    • 19,821 Thanks
    RosyRed
    Hi all,

Just waiting for DS to bring DGD back from school,she is staying tonight and Sunday,DGS staying tomorrow night so no rest for the wicked.

DS took me to town for the bank,and I popped in the local hospice shop and got 5 paperbacks for a pound,DH had run out of reading material.I could only find 3 that I thought he'd like so the other 2 are for me,although I'm still working my way through a pile my friend gave me.After that we went to Ald! and stocked up.

The house is dusty due to DH using his sander on some new plaster joints in the cellar before painting but I can't complain-I've almost got another useable room.DS has hoovered and tidied.He has also been for the carpet cleaner stored in DH lockup so once the children have gone after the weekend I'll go over the carpet and rugs.

I'm another who recommends Ao,the man who started it is from my home town and we have a big centre here.I've had a few things from there.
    Chicken in the oven and gammon for DS2.
    Hugs to TA,LW and Spekys Gran xxx
    'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
    • Floss
    • By Floss 6th Oct 17, 5:20 PM
    • 3,916 Posts
    • 31,553 Thanks
    Floss
    NMLC it's only Beko freezers & fridge we have - when buying wm & td the research suggested the issues you had. The older freezer and fridge are 6 years old now, the other is 4 y.o. and all are fab.

Elona if you want to tell the DDs, tell them you would rather not be exhausted by preparation for their visits, so by having the cleaner you are doing the bits you enjoy like cooking!

Well my 9.30am appointment was a success as I was offered the short-term contract job I was being interviewed for but I start at 8.15 on Monday so no more lady of leisure wot occasionally lunches
    • TravellingAbuela
    • By TravellingAbuela 6th Oct 17, 5:40 PM
    • 3,611 Posts
    • 21,417 Thanks
    TravellingAbuela
    Flippin' heck but it's come cold since the sun went down! I pegged 3 washer loads out early on and it was all dry by the time I had finished the tidy and clean at lunchtime. It felt really warm in the sun - but chilly out of it!

Tea cooking and smelling lovely and then it's a feet up evening for me with no DGD's to look after! Heaven, as much as I love them all!

Have a nice evening folks xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 6th Oct 17, 8:32 PM
    • 9,764 Posts
    • 105,168 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Well my 9.30am appointment was a success as I was offered the short-term contract job I was being interviewed for but I start at 8.15 on Monday so no more lady of leisure wot occasionally lunches
    Originally posted by Floss
    Congratulations Floss. Excellent news.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • meanmarie
    • By meanmarie 6th Oct 17, 9:31 PM
    • 4,919 Posts
    • 47,492 Thanks
    meanmarie
    Hello everybody,,

Very late today, spent morning in hospital with OH, his blood pressure has gone up quite a bit so they have put a 24 hour monitor on, thankfully I dont have to bring it back until his next physio on Tuesday.

We have had a Beko American style fridge/freezer for about 9 years now and have had no problem with it, cant speak for AO as we dont have them here.....I use PowerCity and find them excellent.

Elona....your cleaner is your own business, tell DDs or not. Mine all know that I have a cleaner.....my money, my choice.

Congratulations on your job Floss.

Nannywindow.....I was shopping for my first Christmas present too......the wool to knit an Aran sweater for DS3, at his request........cost me €75 as he has a 56in chest, now all I have to do is knit the monster thing!

Very cold here this morning, warmed up into a nice day, although it cooled down around 4 and I put on the heat for an hour.

Hugs and positive vibes to all who would like one, have a lovely weekend, whatever you are doing.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,815Posts Today

7,903Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Common question, but actually its pretty meaningless - the amount to govt is arbitrary - i explain why here...? https://t.co/W6NFlmztaV

• RT @avantiproperty: @MartinSLewis You've got too much time on your hands.

• Today's Twitter poll: Bit out of no where this one. If you wear a watch which wrist is it on...

• Follow Martin