Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • yvcymru
    • By yvcymru 6th Oct 17, 1:07 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    yvcymru
    opening current accounts
    • 6th Oct 17, 1:07 AM
    opening current accounts 6th Oct 17 at 1:07 AM
    in order to open a Santander 123 or 123 lite account do you have to do a complee switch or can you open it as a second bank account?
Page 1
    • p00hsticks
    • By p00hsticks 6th Oct 17, 1:37 AM
    • 5,623 Posts
    • 5,179 Thanks
    p00hsticks
    • 6th Oct 17, 1:37 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 1:37 AM
    You can open it without doing a switch - at least you could a couple of years ago when I opened mine
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 6th Oct 17, 8:55 AM
    • 820 Posts
    • 448 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:55 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:55 AM
    You'll always have the option of opening a bank account without the need to switch, though the benefits of the 123 accounts are still on the whole worthwhile. Santander don't tend to do the "wave money at you to switch to us" thing as their main 123 account, it is said, cost them a fortune when it was popular...
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 6th Oct 17, 3:16 PM
    • 10,300 Posts
    • 6,605 Thanks
    bigadaj
    • 6th Oct 17, 3:16 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 3:16 PM
    You always have to open a current account, then you can switch if you want to.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

128Posts Today

1,470Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @furyboy86: @MartinSLewis I read your email, and decided to check my account interest rates. My main account = 0.0%(!) and my cash ISA =?

• Yes. Theyre being paid. They're responsible. Especially for a scam that's been reported over 20 times andseen vulne? https://t.co/Q0pHZ7iH3W

• Quite right.Broken system as the six week delay forces the most vulnerable into debt at a crisis moment https://t.co/951fogq5ej

• Follow Martin