Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Pajero
    • By Pajero 5th Oct 17, 11:45 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Pajero
    LCS Demand
    • 5th Oct 17, 11:45 PM
    LCS Demand 5th Oct 17 at 11:45 PM
    Hi
    I have had a tax credit overpayment situation since around 2012. The debt was initially for over £6000. Not sure how that happenned but I was made redundant, unemployed for a while then returned to work. I recently became self employed and due to workload I failed to claim this years award.
    I had no letters from HMRC until this week when a demand from LCS arrived for £2288

Can I put in a fresh claim for tax credits and thus allow them to continue clawing back the repayments as has been the case for the last few years? Or is there an alternative other than contacting LCS to arrange a payment plan?

What are my options here?
    Thanx
    Paj
Page 1
    • Darksparkle
    • By Darksparkle 6th Oct 17, 7:21 AM
    • 4,718 Posts
    • 2,980 Thanks
    Darksparkle
    • 6th Oct 17, 7:21 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 7:21 AM
    If your eligible then of course you can claim but it won’t guarantee they’ll use cross year recovery. They may still pursue payments directly or from next year do a direct earnings attachment.

http://revenuebenefits.org.uk/tax-credits/guidance/how-to-deal-with-hmrc/dealing-with-debt/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

215Posts Today

1,325Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin